Author Topic: Home made face masks.  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Home made face masks.
« on: April 15, 2020, 09:10:01 PM »
I am usually not much of a sewer, sewing gets me het-up and sweary as the needles break and the fabric gets jammed. But this time I was visited with a Florence Nightingale peaceful fortitude, with nary a swear nor a sewing hiccup. This one is for my hubby (whom I can't keep indoors) and is made with half a tea towel. 

When I looked at myself in the picture I couldn't stop laughing - they say a merry heart is good like a medicine so I thought you could all have a laugh at me too.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Home made face masks.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:44:41 PM »
Very impressive, Di! Today my wife informed me that she was going to get a Dalek prop so that she could walk to the shops inside it while shouting "Isolate" rather than "Exterminate". I expect Mince will appreciate that. I just frowned.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
I was very scared of Darleks as a child so I would avoid your wife in the grocery store.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
Okay, when I think of them running into my ankles, I'm still very scared of darleks.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 01:49:32 PM »
When I were nowt but a lad, I had a friend called Bob (not his real name...which was Robert)...well, he wasn't a friend exactly...in fact, nobody liked him because he was an only child and a spoilt brat. But his Dad was our GP, and a former Lord Provost of the town, and most importantly, he was minted! So Bob had a life-sized Dalek toy on wheels, that you could climb inside and push around his rather large house, exterminating everything in sight. Ah, happy days! I often wonder what became of Bob (that's a fib).
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 06:36:56 PM »

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »
Clearly a smart arse on the roads....lets see him clear Brighton Beach. Then I might allocate some applauding time for him.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 02:48:39 PM »
While face masks are de rigueur I think I might try and revive my previously failed ventriloquism act.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 04:49:49 PM »
I went to town for the first time in 12 days yesterday, and got to try out the face mask in the grocery store - I felt like I wasn't getting enough air and could possibly keel over - so I pulled it down and just used it during the check out process - saved me a ton of money.   (*coat*)

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »
 ;D   That'd be the Ned Kelly Deluxe Face Mask with matching accoutrements, Diane?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:13:23 PM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
;D   That'd be the Ned Kelly Deluxe Face Mask with matching accoutrements, Diane?

Can't have much of a disguise if they know who it was :-)

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »
I think he wrote his name with a Sharpie on the back of the bucket, in case it was stolen.
I apologise, in advance.