Author Topic: Inspired  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Inspired
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:29:35 PM »
Roger, have any of your strips ever been inspired by (or written by) members of your family?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Inspired
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »
Not that I can think of. Charles Schulz, of Peanuts fame, tells a great story about his kids squabbling at the breakfast table which he turned into a strip. His young son had been constantly telling his sister to "shut up". She eventually turned to him, toast in hand, and asked "Am I buttering too loud for you?" Great line.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »
Not that I can think of. Charles Schulz, of Peanuts fame, tells a great story about his kids squabbling at the breakfast table which he turned into a strip. His young son had been constantly telling his sister to "shut up". She eventually turned to him, toast in hand, and asked "Am I buttering too loud for you?" Great line.

It would only be funny in a cartoon strip though, wouldn't it? If I said that, after having a bird stop over, it probably wouldn't raise a smile.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:31:47 AM »
Nige, maybe it's because I'm up later than usual tonight but you've given me more than a few laughs. That "Santa" gag on another thread, I must admit, made me burst out laughing---a first for me at 12.15 a.m.