Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Chances

(1/3) > >>

Mince:
I wonder if there are people in America who are not staying in for Christmas who think "It won't happen to me." who also try out the lottery thinking, "Hey, you never know!"

Diane CBPFC:
The tone and the seriousness are set from the top down. Things have gone crazy bad in Alberta too with our right-wing idiot hardly setting any restrictions and limiting what our official provincial doctor can say. Mask wearing is therefore a political statement rather than a health concern.

Mince:

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on November 23, 2020, 07:16:03 AM ---The tone and the seriousness are set from the top down. Things have gone crazy bad in Alberta too with our right-wing idiot hardly setting any restrictions and limiting what our official provincial doctor can say. Mask wearing is therefore a political statement rather than a health concern.

--- End quote ---

You are right: a top-down response is needed. But one wonders how utterly reckless and stupid the top can become before the masses decide to ignore them for their own safety.

Diane CBPFC:
Probably not until someone they know personally is hospitalized - many here don't even believe it is real.

Roger Kettle:
There is no question that this nightmarish pandemic is real and the worldwide toll is horrific. The news of the Oxford vaccine, coupled with others, is a wonderful ray of hope that some kind of normality can be achieved within a few months. I certainly hope so.
I also hope that, in years to come, there will be a full investigation into the way that governments around the world have handled this crisis. There are many unanswered questions.
Anyway, I hope you're all safe out there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version