Author Topic: Chances  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Chances
« on: November 22, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
I wonder if there are people in America who are not staying in for Christmas who think "It won't happen to me." who also try out the lottery thinking, "Hey, you never know!"

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Chances
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »
The tone and the seriousness are set from the top down. Things have gone crazy bad in Alberta too with our right-wing idiot hardly setting any restrictions and limiting what our official provincial doctor can say. Mask wearing is therefore a political statement rather than a health concern.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
The tone and the seriousness are set from the top down. Things have gone crazy bad in Alberta too with our right-wing idiot hardly setting any restrictions and limiting what our official provincial doctor can say. Mask wearing is therefore a political statement rather than a health concern.

You are right: a top-down response is needed. But one wonders how utterly reckless and stupid the top can become before the masses decide to ignore them for their own safety.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 05:45:08 PM »
Probably not until someone they know personally is hospitalized - many here don't even believe it is real.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
There is no question that this nightmarish pandemic is real and the worldwide toll is horrific. The news of the Oxford vaccine, coupled with others, is a wonderful ray of hope that some kind of normality can be achieved within a few months. I certainly hope so.
I also hope that, in years to come, there will be a full investigation into the way that governments around the world have handled this crisis. There are many unanswered questions.
Anyway, I hope you're all safe out there!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »
We're spending the time completely clearing and ordering our house and garden, and learning new skills.

Roger, I assume that books of yours is written now.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 09:29:03 AM »
I have just under two chapters to write. I'm afraid that, during the last 8 months, I spent much more time opening books than I did opening my laptop.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 08:23:46 PM »
I have just under two chapters to write.

Does it have pictures?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
Nothing but.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 11:21:01 AM »
Excellent! Can we colour them in? Asking for a friend.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 02:42:52 PM »
Don't forget, mate---you've got a cover to do!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »
I do? Oh....yes, I do!  ;D (sorry - I forgot  :-[... just say the word)
I apologise, in advance.