Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Cabin Fever?

<< < (5/5)

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Put on a few pounds and threw away yoghurt. Go away!  >:(

Diane CBPFC:
Today is the 6th day of very cold temps here in a row - I have been wearing two sweaters in the house and forcing myself to go outside. You know its cold when the school busses aren't running and it is too cold for the penguins to be let outside at the zoo.  A general rule of life for me is that if it is too cold for penguins its too cold for me.

We should be back to our mild winter again tomorrow, when we will be staying home because of covid instead of staying home so our body parts don't snap off.

Mince:

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on February 12, 2021, 12:47:59 AM ---Today is the 6th day of very cold temps here in a row

--- End quote ---

I love how the word row can rhyme with 'now' and 'slow', and yet mostly the brain picks up which one from the context.

I remember reading an article about a husband and wife who were heading for divorce: "All that was left was bitterness and rowing." And I thought that it was good that they at least got a lot of exercise together.

Diane CBPFC:
I can see you have put a lot of thought into that Mince, English is pretty weird eh. 

Today is supposed to be our break in the weather but it is still -25 with a wind chill of -37 Maybe tomorrow? The birds were singing more this morning so maybe they feel the end is in sight.

We too get power outages. For some reason in Canada they buried  the phone lines and have the power lines strung on posts along the roads. This means that every time someone slides off the road and hits one, or we have an ice storm or someone takes one out with a tractor, the power goes out for several square miles. We have been without power for up to 48 hours and do have a gas (petrol) generator that will run a few things. 

I thought I would celebrate the Lunar new year yesterday and made these terrific chocolate Ox cookies

I would really like to get to town soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version