Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Cabin Fever?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Roger Kettle:
My wife and I got letters today informing us that we can get our first inoculation in two weeks time. So far, the protection programme seems to be running quite well. There's a long way to go, of course, but I'd like to think that we're making some headway in our struggle against this awful virus.
Diane, I was about to complain about the dismal weather here but, after you mentioned the -30 C temperature in Alberta, I think I'll keep my mouth shut! Be safe.
Okay, I'm being cautious here but I think I'll pencil in the middle of May for my first pint down the pub with my mates. I'm trying to remember whose round it was...

Diane CBPFC:
Oh, I can only wish for those -30C balmy days - forecast is -42C for tomorrow.

Diane CBPFC:
When you are making your first trip to the pub, I will hopefully be planting my spuds in the garden :-)

Roger Kettle:

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on February 07, 2021, 05:46:47 AM ---Oh, I can only wish for those -30C balmy days - forecast is -42C for tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
Good grief. Throw another moose on the fire!

Max:
Had my first vaccine injection yesterday, an absolute doddle.
I was in and  out of the hall in 5 minutes, though because I had driven there they asked that I wait 15 minutes in the car before driving home.
My partner has her injection tomorrow morning which is good because we should gain increased resistance at the same time.
The news this morning that the Oxford vaccine (which I had) may be less effective on covid variants is a bit of a pain.

I find that this lockdown has bothered me more than the previous, a bit more depressed, a friend died of Covid two days ago.
I've taken to reading books on WW2 on the Pacific islands, an area I'd never looked at before, will look at the TV series Pacific made a few years ago.
Once the lockdown is lifted I'll book a few small holidays, three or four day trips in the UK.
Don't think abroad is a safe possibility right now, maybe next year.

Glad to hear that you are all mostly ok, hope that it stays that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version