Author Topic: Pancakes?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Pancakes?
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:14:48 PM »
Did you remember to have your pancakes today?

I love the crepe ones with oodles of lemon juice

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Pancakes?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 09:15:43 PM »
Was that today? I totally forgot.

I cooked tempeh & kimchi fried rice today. I shall make a point of having tamarind chickpea curry & chickpea pancakes tomorrow!

I'm serious...my daughter got me a voucher for Mindful Chef...  ;D

https://www.mindfulchef.com/
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:37:12 AM »
He's becoming vegan.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 01:10:53 PM »
Live long and prosper!
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
(PS - found a Chicken Jambalaya ping meal at the back of my fridge, two days past its 'use by' date. Pancake Day is now tomorrow)  8)
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:37:32 PM »
Tempeh,,,kimchi fried rice...Jambalaya...
Pull yourself together, man, and get a Forfar bridie.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »
I hear you, Roger. This is my daughter’s influence, but if I’m honest, after a year of Covid/Lockdown easy meals for one, including Bridies and their like, I’m rather enjoying some healthy eating. Won’t last, I promise!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 11:24:21 PM »
I had to look up what a Bridie is, looks delicious.

Tarqs, glad to see you are experiencing world foods while at home in this pandemic.

I made two chicken pies on Saturday, they were very popular (we have 2 adult children living with us)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 09:34:11 AM »
As lovely as these recipes look, I lack the patience and instead chuck a load of salad, beans, rice, seeds, raisins, nuts and leftovers into a bowl with some mayonnaise and apple sauce. I believe it's called a Buddha Bowl, but after looking up what most people mean by this, I'm calling mine a Lazy Bowl.

Or baked beans, baked potatoes, cheese and chopped red onion.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »
I finally got round to Pancake Day after a couple of postponements, and have just demolished this vegan feast! Absolutely delicious it was, too! I know they talk you through the recipe and provide all the ingredients, but I'm still unashamedly proud of myself. I sent a picture to my eldest daughter (who donated the voucher), and her only criticism was that if anything, my presentation was too neat in this day of wild-looking creations. Not something that's ever been levelled at my cooking before. Same again tomorrow, then on to the meat dishes...  :P

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
Hugely impressive, mate!
When I mentioned bridies earlier, I was being tongue-in-cheek. I doubt if I've tasted one for about 35 years. Delicious as they are, they certainly don't fall under the "healthy" category and it was around that time I started to eat a bit more sensibly. I can't remember the last time I had a pie or pastry in any form and it really doesn't bother me. I'm also lucky that I don't have a sweet tooth so the likes of cakes, chocolate, biscuits and desserts have little appeal for me. Yes, I still eat meat but it's grilled or roasted and reasonably limited. Please don't think I'm being sanctimonious about this---this is just the way I am and there are no sacrifices involved. Be SLIGHTLY sensible and eat what you like. Life's too short to deprive yourself of anything!