Author Topic: Spring  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Spring
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:56:14 PM »
We were heading towards spring, the snow was retreating from the house inch by inch but then we got a big dump of wet and heavy snow (best kind for snowmen) so are back in winter mode for now.

I just had a new go of Britbox and am enjoying the gardening shows you guys have in the UK - some of them are really great - a few practical ideas and visits to public gardens - great stuff. So many plants that I have never heard of and wouldn't grow in Zone2 anyway but it is still nice to see them. 

I myself have florescent grow bulbs for the first time and am starting seeds under them in the kitchen.

I have thus far finished 29 books/e-books/audio-books this calendar year on my year of finishing books (I often give up part way in)

Dark-eyed Juncos returned this week - so many extra bird varieties this winter, these ones are particularly cute. 

That is the spring report of the CBPFC
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
And I thought it was cold here...
That's an impressive reading list you've got through, Diane! Talking about books, I was saddened to hear that my favourite author, Larry McMurtry, had passed away. What a brilliant legacy he leaves behind.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:10:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that Roger, I was thinking of your past recommendation for Lonesome Dove and placed a hold on the audio book a couple of weeks ago.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Max

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 06:53:38 PM »
A haircut and beard trim have been achieved, I finally feel mostly human again.
An appointment with the dentist tomorrow, might be able to chew food again without the fear of losing another filling.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Take care.  ;)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
My grey, rapidly-thinning locks will be getting chopped tomorrow. In the current climate, that counts as a day out!

Offline Max

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:08 PM »
Today's exciting trip to the dentist for a filling, actually quite quick and painless.
I can actually feel my nose again now, great stuff in the injection.
As if life couldn't be any better we agreed on a course of root canal treatment - for a start.  :(

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 04:48:02 PM »
My grey, rapidly-thinning locks will be getting chopped tomorrow. In the current climate, that counts as a day out!

It sure does, I got to go to the city yesterday for cattle ear tags and castration bands.

I also bought myself a plant pot to re-plant my aloe vera - I will think of it as my Prince Philip pot. 

We are back on step 1 lockdown in Alberta based on hospital numbers :-( 

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »
Today's exciting trip to the dentist for a filling, actually quite quick and painless.
I can actually feel my nose again now, great stuff in the injection.
As if life couldn't be any better we agreed on a course of root canal treatment - for a start.  :(

I hope it goes well for you, it will be worth it when you can bite into a crisp apple once again.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 07:39:13 PM »

It sure does, I got to go to the city yesterday for cattle ear tags and castration bands.

I also bought myself a plant pot to re-plant my aloe vera - I will think of it as my Prince Philip pot. 

We are back on step 1 lockdown in Alberta based on hospital numbers :-(
Diane, I just love the way you casually drop in your first line as if everybody does that!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 12:53:54 AM »
Got mine last Thursday.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 03:17:24 PM »
Roger, I was making the point that my trip to the city was not a frivolous shopping spree, even though I picked up a mug with bunny feet and a bunny ear lid on the after Easter sales, seeing we are back on level 1 lockdown. We need the tags to sell the cows, these days the farm of origin info is registered on the tag at point of sale in case some disease shows up such as mad cow.

I just wouldn't want you to think I just went over to buy knickknacks.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 04:05:57 PM »
My next two rows of books - there are two real gems in this batch "City Boy" by Herman Wouk and Indians on Vacation by Thomas King