Author Topic: Beau Peep Book #1 – now ONLINE!  (Read 33143 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Beau Peep Book #1 – now ONLINE!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »
Another reaction I had upon eventually getting Book 1 was surprise that, assuming this IS Doris, she wasn't quite as terrifying/hairy/gargantuan as I was expecting based on Beau's comments I'd read in all the later books.

She looks like the Colonel's daughter.
Is anyone going to do Book #2 or later?  Is there any legal problems with posting any of the remaining books (as you can't buy them in bookshops any more).  I have books 8 and 10-19. (our family started late in being BP readers).
I now have books 4,5 and the colour collection.  Books 7 & 9 are coming, having 'won' them on eBay.  Just books 1, 2 and 3 to get now (but 1 is on this site).  Hooray, and thanks again, Diane  8) :)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »
Well Mr Shed, this could be interesting. Spookily enough, I too am lacking only books 1,2 and 3. Race you to ebay...

(PS Amazon does them from time to time too, but ebay is invariably cheaper).

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
Well Mr Shed, this could be interesting. Spookily enough, I too am lacking only books 1,2 and 3. Race you to ebay...

Sandi, Check the date on my post (2010...).  I have given up checking on ebay, and have read them online now.  I intend to print out the screens on that other BP site to complete my collection, and will buy the real things once they are available at a reasonable cost.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
Bilge-pump-the-shed, I still only need Book 1 to complete my collection.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
Bilge-pump-the-shed, I still only need Book 1 to complete my collection.
Rich bugger   >:(

But ... I do have 3 fully servicable BP mugs, and one handleless one, retired to the desktop as a pen holder (even has its own 'Help for Heroes'  rubber wriststrap for added effect).

Egg

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 08:27:05 AM »
I got Book 1 for Christmas a couple of years ago. Still no idea where Mrs Egg got it from, EBay, collector, shop......read it just the once, put it back in it's special box and it stands at the front of my full collection of BP books. 8)

Don't have a mug though! :-\

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
You have Peepmaster.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »

Sandi, Check the date on my post (2010...).  I have given up checking on ebay, and have read them online now.  I intend to print out the screens on that other BP site to complete my collection, and will buy the real things once they are available at a reasonable cost.

2010...so that's ten past eight then?

Good for you though, Bill. Please do stay away from ebay until I get my No.1.  Tried to treat myself to one a few years ago at Christmas and only managed to push the bidding to a huge, unreasonable, fall-out-with-your-partner type amount before I had to bottle out. I always wondered who bought it.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »

2010...so that's ten past eight then?

Good for you though, Bill. Please do stay away from ebay until I get my No.1.  Tried to treat myself to one a few years ago at Christmas and only managed to push the bidding to a huge, unreasonable, fall-out-with-your-partner type amount before I had to bottle out. I always wondered who bought it.

Don't worry.  Still unpacking and have no money for works of art yet.  I do have a large collection of stamps that I must start getting rid of - even if I just use them as postage.  Mind you, not sure who to write to.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 10:56:45 PM »
Just check with the post office what sort of parcel weight/size you could post with them all. If your lucks in, you could drive to a suprermarket, fill the boot with shopping, cover the car in stamps and wait for it to be posted back to you. Voila, one journey's worth of petrol saved, stamps all used...win win situation.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
one is a £5 stamp, worth at least £50 to a collector.  I'm not using that one at face value.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 12:06:12 AM »
£5 ? Does it come with specially flavoured glue?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
It's the new inflation-proof first class stamp (only valid until 2013).