Author Topic: New "Does This Work"? cartoon  (Read 15449 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: New "Does This Work"? cartoon
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »
It does sound a bit unusual - a crow visiting a hamster.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Maybe it was a cuckoo...or a raven lunatic.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »
Yes, tes, yes, this is all very interesting, but can we get back to me being right about the clouds.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »
Yes, tes, yes, this is all very interesting, but can we get back to me being right about the clouds.

I think you answered it yourself when you mentioned artistic license  8)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 06:06:06 PM »
Firstly, "tes" is not a typo but my pet name for Tarquin Thunderthighs lll.

Secondly, McGookin's failure to claim artistic licence right at the beginning forfeits his right to do so thereafter. It's written quite clearly in "Laws governing arguments over cartoons" and "Can clouds silhouette like that?".

British English uses "licence" for the noun and "license" for the verb, so it's artistic license.

EDITED: I meant "so it's artistic licence", and got it wrong.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:17:54 PM by Mince »

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 07:14:47 PM »
Firstly, "tes" is not a typo but my pet name for Tarquin Thunderthighs lll.

Awww! I'm touched.
I apologise, in advance.

Malky McGookin

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 11:12:27 PM »
Oh, and you missed out on the left hand castle window, which has moonlight shining on the opposite side to where the moonlight is actually coming from, that there's no right hand door, and that whereas Frankenstein has a shadow behind him, neither Morticia nor the table does. That's artistic licence that is.

Game, set and match to me, I think. (pulls smug Brittas face, drains pint glass in one and staggers to door.)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 11:16:30 PM »
Oh, and you missed out on the left hand castle window, which has moonlight shining on the opposite side to where the moonlight is actually coming from, that there's no right hand door, and that whereas Frankenstein has a shadow behind him, neither Morticia nor the table does. That's artistic licence that is.

Game, set and match to me, I think. (pulls smug Brittas face, drains pint glass in one and staggers to door.)

Bugger!

Foiled by my own logic!

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »
For a couple of years back in the 80s, I drew a comic page featuring a baby character. The scripts were sent to me every week. They were NOT good. I think they were partly responsible for a temporary flirtation with insanity back then that saw me write a long letter to the editor complaining that the latest script opened with the baby being left unattended in his pram outside a supermarket, and I had grave reservations about drawing such an irresponsible scene.

The editor wrote me back a very kind and gentle letter, thanking me for my commendable and responsible attitude. He bemoaned the fact that not enough of his contributors cared about their characters the way that I obviously did, before reminding me that this was a children's comic, and that the baby in question had the strength of ten men, and regularly tackled twice as many as that most weeks, using only his rattle to defend himself with. His name was Prambo, and regrettably my letter had coincided with a very low readers' poll rating, so they wouldn't be requiring any more pages from me.

But he wished me well, and hoped we would work together again soon. We didn't.

But at least I didn't have to draw any more of those flippin' awful scripts. So job done!

Just thought you should know. There were very few silhouettes involved.

Regards,
Tes

I apologise, in advance.

Malky McGookin

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 01:00:11 AM »
Prambo. That's funny. There's a whole Viz possibility there.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 10:59:16 PM »
Now I come to think of it, perhaps the shadow on the moon is not a silhouette, but an eclipse of the moon.