Author Topic: Beau Peep review  (Read 2466 times)

Rob Baker

Beau Peep review
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:19:14 PM »
This caught my eye from an American cartoon fan's web log (or "blog", as I think the young people call them) where he is reviewing the Calcutta Times:

BEAU PEEP - This strip is of British origin, and concerns the travails of a filthy chef and his really bizarrely dressed customer. From what I gleaned over reading about four strips, it just consists of the cook saying wierd things to the customer. I was kind of into it. Actually, never mind, I just looked at the website and it turns out there are way more characters than I thought and I lost interest. Apparently that wierd guy is the title charactar, and he's some sort of military man? I can't find an image of the one strip that I really appreciated, but it goes like this: The cook says to Beau Peep, "You know what I REALLY hate about flying?"/ "That bit where you link arms and do funny kicks"/(No dialogue)/"No, hang on - that's line dancing."

;D

His blog is at www.righteouscomics.blogspot.com and this bit was for Jun 07 headed 'Lychees and Leeches' (sounds like 2 things which might confuse Egon?)   

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Beau Peep review
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
Damned by faint praise, I fear! Interesting, though.