Author Topic: Kids Animated Films  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Kids Animated Films
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:02:13 AM »
I just watched Monsters Inc again. It was so sad. That bit at the end when Henry J Waternoose loses his factory and gets taken away. I felt so sorry for him, and all because that pesky kid, Boo, couldn't stay in her bedroom. One wonders who the monsters really are.

Malc

Re: Kids Animated Films
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 04:58:22 AM »
You should take more water with it, Mincey

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »
Beauty and the Beast is like a horror story.

At the beginning, an old woman comes to the prince's palace and offers him a rose. He sends her away. (Who wouldn't? She might be a burglar or someone from TV Licensing.) And just for that she not only turns him into a beast but turns all his staff into candlesticks and wardrobes. This continues for years. What did the prince do wrong? What did the staff do that was so wrong? Who does she think she is? Sometimes when door-to-door salesmen knock on my door, I'm in a real crabby mood, and I tell them colourfully to "go away". Why does this mean there is "no love in my heart"? Even Chip, the son of one of the female staff, is turned into a cracked tea cup. How is he meant to deal with all those years as a cup? Does he get special counselling from the government? How much school did he miss? How is he going to explain to his future girlfriend why he keeps absent-mindedly climbing into the crockery cupboard instead of the bedroom? This is child abuse if ever I saw it.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »
Yes, but you need to be brave and watch it right to the end, Mince. I won't spoil it for you.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:47:44 PM »
I did see it to the end.

The ending seems to suggest that turning everyone back into normal people with a bit of magic (which, I should point out, relied on the Beast falling in love) somehow makes everything okay.

What are these films teaching our kids? How kids can be entertained by vicious witches who turn innocent boys into cups is beyond me. They must all have sick minds.

What's next? Beauty and the Beast 2: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?