Author Topic: Student Essays  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Student Essays
« on: February 08, 2007, 04:33:25 PM »
I thought I would list here sentences from essays that I have to mark.

"One by one they threw the big, round snowballs and they got each other by pure accuracy."

"As the snowballs hit each other they laughed while falling."

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Student Essays
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »
Very good. Deft comma use in the first.
I apologise, in advance.

Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:09:55 AM »
Once, several years ago, I was teaching communication skills to a group of Art & Design students. One of their tasks was to produce a poster for an art exhibition by an artist of their choice. One student did most of the work on his at home, and proudly presented the finished article - advertising an exhibition of the works of ... RENIOR.

In my present job, I carry out dyslexia assessments, during which students are asked various general knowledge questions - highlights for me were the student who thought Leonardo de Caprio painted the Sistine Chapel, and the one who said proudly that she knew that Marie Curie "invented" penicillin,  because she, the student, was allergic to it.

Tom

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
I thought for many years (until last month, actually), that Gracie Fields and Princess Grace of Monaco were the same person.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »
Tom, is this really the kind of admission you want to make on a public forum, or are you placing an audacious bid for the nickname 'Dennis'?
I apologise, in advance.