Author Topic: Postman Pat and his/her amazing, blurry, trivia-laden fingers  (Read 14898 times)

Fyodor

Postman Pat and his/her amazing, blurry, trivia-laden fingers
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »
Postie baby, yo da wo/man!
Yo click that clicker like nobody can.
That trivia stuff is yo domain.
Yo clickiness drivin me insane!

You do use your fingers, don't you?

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Postman Pat and his/her amazing, blurry, trivia-laden fingers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »
I reccon Postman Pat is Mince, after he swotted long and hard for the past six months learning the answers on the FunTrivia.com site.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

peter

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
I cannot read the question in that time never mind answer them.

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
I cannot read the question in that time never mind answer them.

Same here. I think the quickest I've been is 80 seconds! How does s/he do it?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »
Quickest was actually 10 correct in 31 seconds.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
Who?
When?

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:44 PM »
Postmanpat.
Early last month.
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »
I reckon she/he does it by going on twice so he knows the answer.

Fyodor

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »
You can't do that, Peter, unless, of course, you know ways around the system.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:12 AM »
Cards on the table. I stopped playing after that 31-second score, not because I suspected any foul play (I'm happy to accept that postmanpat is a super-fast quiz genius), but because it was becoming increasingly obvious that with scores like that, Pat was going to win the thing at will. Now, I'm not ultra-competitive, but I did enjoy the competitive element at a fun level. And I don't mind losing, which is just as well, since Diane had pretty well reigned supreme throughout, until Pat became a daily regular.

Of course, Pat is perfectly entitled to play, as was 'sam' before him/her. Anyone can join in. However, what I liked about our little quiz was that it was among friends. Granted, I've never actually met any of the other quiz regulars in person (unless Pat is either Roger or Peepsie), but all of you post regularly on the forums, and I feel I 'know' something of each of you through that, and like to regard you all as friends at that level at least. If you're going to have a Beau Peep Quiz, (for me) that's the key element - we all know each other and enjoy regular exchanges on the board.

Being persistently beaten by an completely anonymous player doesn't appeal to me at all, and takes all of the fun out of our daily challenge. I've tried to entice Pat to join in on the forums in the past, but to no avail. And now that he/she appears to have decided to impress us on a daily basis with his/her speed and knowledge (to the point that the inference from some of the above posts is that all is not kosher - that may be very unfair, but Pat's anonymity doesn't help to alleviate the suspicions), then yes, I'm impressed, but no, I'm not having fun any more. And so, in the words of those TV Dragons, for that reason, I'm out.
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
Cards on the table. I stopped playing after that 31-second score, not because I suspected any foul play (I'm happy to accept that postmanpat is a super-fast quiz genius), but because it was becoming increasingly obvious that with scores like that, Pat was going to win the thing at will. Now, I'm not ultra-competitive, but I did enjoy the competitive element at a fun level. And I don't mind losing, which is just as well, since Diane had pretty well reigned supreme throughout, until Pat became a daily regular.

Of course, Pat is perfectly entitled to play, as was 'sam' before him/her. Anyone can join in. However, what I liked about our little quiz was that it was among friends. Granted, I've never actually met any of the other quiz regulars in person (unless Pat is either Roger or Peepsie), but all of you post regularly on the forums, and I feel I 'know' something of each of you through that, and like to regard you all as friends at that level at least. If you're going to have a Beau Peep Quiz, (for me) that's the key element - we all know each other and enjoy regular exchanges on the board.

Being persistently beaten by an completely anonymous player doesn't appeal to me at all, and takes all of the fun out of our daily challenge. I've tried to entice Pat to join in on the forums in the past, but to no avail. And now that he/she appears to have decided to impress us on a daily basis with his/her speed and knowledge (to the point that the inference from some of the above posts is that all is not kosher - that may be very unfair, but Pat's anonymity doesn't help to alleviate the suspicions), then yes, I'm impressed, but no, I'm not having fun any more. And so, in the words of those TV Dragons, for that reason, I'm out.

that was a big post tarks. I agree that we all ought to know who we compete against.
 I was really happy to get one over you lot.

Vulture

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »
It takes me 31 seconds to read the b****y question!

I must admit, Peter, I've had a little smile when I've been saved from being 'bottom of the class' by you - especially when there's only been one point in it!

peter

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »
It takes me 31 seconds to read the b****y question!

I must admit, Peter, I've had a little smile when I've been saved from being 'bottom of the class' by you - especially when there's only been one point in it!

I see that we know our place in the scheme of life.I do like to try to beat you first, it gives me a lift for the day.

postmanpat should stand up and be counted

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »
I have never even looked at the quiz, far less entered it. I got the feeling that this was something I'd end up getting hooked on so I avoided it. It does seem a pity that some masked quizling has jumped in and is, by fair means or foul, romping through the answers without identifying him/herself. Unmask or be gone!

Vulture

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
I have never even looked at the quiz, far less entered it. I got the feeling that this was something I'd end up getting hooked on so I avoided it. It does seem a pity that some masked quizling has jumped in and is, by fair means or foul, romping through the answers without identifying him/herself. Unmask or be gone!

No.... I'm NOT hooked..... it's just that it's the first thing I do in the morning....sometimes I have to wait 'coz the previous day's quiz is still there and I have to keep checking to see if the new one's been set up.... but I can handle it.... I know I can.......