Author Topic: Speech Bubbles and Roger  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Speech Bubbles and Roger
« on: February 12, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
I think it would be interesting to know if Roger is able to remember his original speech bubbles after the thousands of cartoons he has written over the years.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Speech Bubbles and Roger
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
That's a big ask, Diane - especially if there are any funnier-than-the-original entries posted in the competition.

Not that that's ever likely to happen of course.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »
At a rough guess, I've written something like 17,000 cartoon strips so it's inevitable I've forgotten more than one or two. Having said that, I can look at the first frame of a strip I wrote 25 years ago and tell you the punchline. Weird.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:18:23 PM »
We'll have to test you on that one.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »
Did you know the three that were put in the speech bubbles contests Roger?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »
No, I had no idea but, let's face it, these set-ups have appeared hundreds of times. And I'm...um...far too busy to...um...be tested on trivia like this.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »
Well that's good Roger - you won't know and I don't know if I'm stealing your lines  :)

Some of these things lay hidden in the back of your mind - Herman's wallpaper cartoon for instance. "Just show me something cheap and I'll force myself to like it." I think that anytime I even think of wallpaper.

It's awful to have copy written thoughts running through one's mind - one day they will figure out a way to charge per occurrence.  :o