Author Topic: GAME: Pass The Hand-Grenade  (Read 6738 times)

Tom

Re: GAME: Pass The Hand-Grenade
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
I very often find things go off earlier than expected...

Milk, for example.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:57:26 PM by Tom »

Colin

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »
How do I get rid of it?

HELP

It's ok, I know.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:30:22 PM by Colin »

Colin

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »
He He.

Quote from Roger.

At the risk of boring you, maybe I should expand on my previous answer.
Yes, I can talk at length about cartooning but it really is of limited interest to most people. The technical side of scriptwriting, and materials used, is pretty dull. I once fell out with several people on a cartoonists' web site because I stated that "cartooning isn't important". I accept now that what I should have said was that "MY cartooning isn't important". What I write is MEANT to be trivial. There are no hidden messages and no deep meanings. My aim is to give the readers, hopefully, a brief chuckle. Nothing more. I'd hate for cartooning to go the way of the acting business where people like Kate Winslett start blubbing as though they've saved the planet. What she did was get paid for pretending she was someone else. What I do is write nonsense to the best of my ability and hope some people laugh. Both these things are transient and trivial and that's the way they SHOULD be. Don't analyse what I do! It's trite garbage---just as I intended!
Um...that's it.

I nominate Diane.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »
Start with the one who doesn't know what "chuffed" means. Tell him you're chuffed about his future.

Diane has been KABOOOOOOMED!

I now nominate Vulture.

Tom

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »
Who's going to win?

The local bookies has refused to comment... but they are no longer taking bets.
The tension mounts. BBC News 24 are keeping a close eye on events as they happen.

Mince
The Peepmaster
Vulture
Roger Kettle
Tarquin Thunderthighs lll
peter
Elizabeth
Malc
Fyodor
Colin
Diane CBPFC
Jack
Joan
Tom
Zesty White
Max
Feather

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:26 AM »
This is impossible to answer. I'll go for "amazing" and "superb", simply on an alphabetical basis.

Bye, bye, Vulture!

I now nominate Joan.

Vulture

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2009, 05:22:42 AM »
Peepmaster begins with the hand-grenade.

It explodes at 1:45PM tomorrow, 16 JAN 09, and then at that time every day until someone wins the game.

If he is holding the hand-grenade at the time, he is out of the game.

He can pass the hand grenade to anyone else in the following list: Mince, The Peepmaster, Vulture, Roger Kettle, Tarquin Thunderthighs lll, peter, Elizabeth, Malc, Fyodor, Colin, Diane CBPFC, Jack, Joan, Tom, Zesty White, Max, Feather

Note that all of the above people can see this forum except Roger Kettle. He cannot see this forum or this topic.

You may only pass the hand-grenade to another person if Roger says one of the following words or phrases:

therefore, funniest, cartoonist, wonderful, guys, superb, damn, chuffed, amazing, phew, today, really, anyway, um, To be honest, sort of, on the subject of, couple of pints, I laughed

You may pass the grenade to Roger, but if he again says one of the words or phrases in the list, the grenade is passed to the person from the list nominated by the person who spots Roger saying the word or phrase.

Whomever has the hand-grenade at 1:45PM is blown up and is out of the game. However, that person can add two more words or phrases to the list (but not words like "and" or "the").

If Roger uses more than one of the specified phrases in the same post, the hand-grenade explodes there and then.

Each time the hand-grenade explodes, the first person to post a name from the list after 1:45PM specifies who has the next hand grenade.

To win the game, either be the last person alive in the list, or blow Roger up twice.

Where does it say Mince can do all the nominating of the soon to be dead?
Why does it say Whomever has the hand-grenade at 1:45PM is blown up and is out of the game but we're only one and a half days into this game and four people have been anihilated?
It explodes at 1:45PM tomorrow, 16 JAN 09, and then at that time every day until someone wins the game.  Why am I now deaded and it's only 5 'clock in the morning?
Mince is a bastard!! 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:11:39 AM by Vulture »

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »
Absolutely right, Vult. In effect, Mince is playing with himself. No change there then.  ..0
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »
Anyone can nominate. I just happened to be the one doing it.

Tom

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:57 AM »
I don't mind being annihilated... it means I am now a spectretator...

Joan

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »
Okay, I'm a bit confused here, especially as it's 10.15pm on a Saturday night and I'm a bit jetlagged, but seeing as I'm "it", I notice that Roger mentioned "superb"

This is impossible to answer. I'll go for "amazing" and "superb", simply on an alphabetical basis.

so before I get annia..., anialat... bombed, or even if I do, I nominate Malc - tee hee, he's probably "jetlagged" too, or snoring in his beddybyes, so he's gone!  ;D

Edit: I just realised that Mince has already used those two, so I guess you're off the hook, Malc, and I will be well and truly annih ..., blown up at 1.45pm, UK time, cos I'm going to bed after Matthew McConaughey has finished in the Sahara, which will be very shortly by the look of things - night all.

I'll change Santa in the morning.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:58:55 AM by Joan »

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
Don't be stupid. She doesn't know what "chuffed" means.

Joan, you can use the one above.

Malc, you're nominated. Best of luck in the next hour and three-quarters. :)

Remember that those who get Kaboomed! can add words to the list.

Also, anyone can nominate the next person to have the hand grenade when the last is Kaboomed. Even those who are dead can nominate. It's just whomever posts first.