Author Topic: US president #44  (Read 4838 times)

Feather

Re: US president #44
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
What I'm concerned about is the fact that a lot of Americans are already saying it's time to "move on".

I can understand that; however,  I don't think Americans are going to be able to put the Bush years behind them very easily. Too much has happened that has affected us all in some way or another, and I believe most know this. The reaction to the end of the Bush era has been along the lines of people seeing daylight after being imprisoned in darkness for years. We are just trying to look ahead and be positive. The desire for change here is so great. We don't want the taint of Bush and some others to continue to remain on a wonderful country that's mostly full of decent, caring people. Unfortunately for a while, it probably will. That's Bush's legacy to America.

Of course the U.S. must move on, but that shouldn't be a euphemism for letting Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc, disappear into comfortable obscurity. Those guys should hang for what they did not only to Iraq, but to America itself.

I doubt anything will happen to them now, but it should. Bush should have been impeached and removed from office some time ago.  From Iraq to Katrina to the economic crisis, to the human rights violations, the Bush administration has come off as being war-mongering, hypocritical, incompetent and corrupt. They've spent the majority of their time trying to cover-up their misdeeds.

Malc

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »
Are Zebulons difficult to draw?

Yes, they're invisible. 

The plans are in the briefcase. There is five hundred pounds in the diary compartment. Good luck, Bond.

Joan

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:55 AM »
On Wednesday, The Daily Telegraph here had, of course, the first three or four pages dedicated to coverage of the inauguration and Obama fever.  On the second page, there was what I thought was a very effective ad placement.  It was a banner at the bottom, underneath an article entitled "Inspiring Challenge for the Future" about Obama's inaugural speech.

The ad was for Veet hair removal cream: a banner across the bottom of the page with a pink background, the colour of Veet products, then in big white letters, the words "Goodbye Bush", with the Veet logo next to it.  ;D

Zesty White

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 09:38:33 AM »
What I'm concerned about is the fact that a lot of Americans are already saying it's time to "move on".

Of course the U.S. must move on, but that shouldn't be a euphemism for letting Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc, disappear into comfortable obscurity. Those guys should hang for what they did not only to Iraq, but to America itself.

You never know, they might wheel David Frost out to try for the double...

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
On Wednesday, The Daily Telegraph here had, of course, the first three or four pages dedicated to coverage of the inauguration and Obama fever.  On the second page, there was what I thought was a very effective ad placement.  It was a banner at the bottom, underneath an article entitled "Inspiring Challenge for the Future" about Obama's inaugural speech.

The ad was for Veet hair removal cream: a banner across the bottom of the page with a pink background, the colour of Veet products, then in big white letters, the words "Goodbye Bush", with the Veet logo next to it.  ;D

Are you sure that wasn't in a Brazilian newspaper?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

Are you sure that wasn't in a Brazilian newspaper?

No, definitely the Sydney version of the Daily Telegraph, and the fact is that no one would be so stupid as to put hair removal cream anywhere near that area (if you'd ever used it, Peeps, you'd know why), so after the initial assumption, one has to take the inference as being to underarms and other hairy parts of the body.  Made me notice it, though.

Colin

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »

Jack

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
If you pause that at just the right moment between Nixon and Ford, you get Dr. Frasier Crane.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »
Good morphing! I thought it was all the Dr Whos at first.

Jimmy Carter, made me laugh. His big grin was in contrast to the previous figures' expressions. Stood out a bit like a pilchard on a wedding cake.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
Notice all the Presidents were facing right (from our point of view)? Some only ever so slightly, but none were face-on (Eisenhower almost) and certainly none facing to the left.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »
Great gag, Malc!

Malc

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »
Ta, awfully

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
Why is this thread stickied when Obama has turned out to be a quite the disappointment.

He threw gays under the bus when doing the right thing may have cost him the right swing votes just prior to the election, he took money from the big insurance companies then didn’t throw the weight of his office behind the public health insurance option, now he is sending more military to invade a poor nation – who are shooting back with the guns the USA supplied in the first place – and this is a Nobel Peace Prize winner?  I guess he must have been up against Genghis Khan for the prize.

He doesn’t even understand racism as well as Jimmy Carter – threw him under the bus too on that issue.

And he was the good guy.   :(

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Fyodor

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
I'm with you Diane.
Is there no end to disillusion?
Can't wait to see how the ophidian Mr Blair slithers his way through the latest Iraq enquiry.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »
It's taken you ages to get our favourite word "ophidian" in!