Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

My speech

(1/5) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
I have to give a speech on behalf of the library board Tuesday night to try to wheedle a funding increase from our town and county councils. It is 12 minutes long and a little on the whiney side. We are having a 'gala' event which consists of donated wine and cheese and crackers and, thanks to me, a game of Library Jeopardy.

Do you think a good plan of action would be just to hold up the speech and ask the councilors ?This is a twelve minute speech ? it is very boring ? if you agree to pony up the dough and fund the library to make up for inflation then I will spare you having to hear it?. Let?s vote by a show of hands?

If you don't think that is a good idea - do you have any good speech making tips for someone who is unable to memorize her cell phone number never mind a 1968 word count report of our sad state of affairs. How will I stop people from nodding off after all that wine and cheese so they can listen to my cheesy whine for instance?

Diamond Lil:
Diane - I'm showing my hand....which reminds me of a line from a film..."I'm shaking that bush, boss"...answers on a postcard, please

I like your idea of just threatening them with the speech but how about taking half a ream of paper out of your recycling box and adding that to the speech as you hold it up...that should really scare them into funding....good luck!

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Would a bikini help?

Mince:
Just mug each of them on the way in. Get the money first.

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:

--- Quote from: Mince on March 27, 2007, 08:51:03 AM ---Just mug each of them on the way in. Get the money first.

--- End quote ---

Boy, does that sound like the Voice Of Experience talking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version