Beau Peep Notice Board > Saloon Bar

Er...A Man Called Horace.

(1/5) > >>

Roger Kettle:
I tend to think of this strip as something I came up with recently. Next month, it will have been running for 18 years. God, I'm getting old.
Anyway, who's got an idea for a new character to introduce into the strip? It doesn't have to be someone who's going to appear constantly----just someone who will turn up for a daft week. This isn't really a competition but I might send a Horace original and a fiver to anyone who comes up with something I can use. (My crack legal team of 47 ask me to stress the word "might").

The Peepmaster:
Wow, Roger. A great competition. My immediate thought is for an Equal Opportunities Officer from the local council. Or maybe an ice-cream van vendoor who pops up with his chimes at inopportune moments (like when a wagon train is being attacked by injuns). Also, is there an undertaker in the town? I don't suppose they have lollipop ladies...

Tom:
I think you should introduce a love rival to Kitty, perhaps a showgirl in the bar where Joe works or a female masked gunslinger from a neighbouring town... a jealous Kitty could be fun! Or a hairdresser moves into town to get the gossip from everyone...

Also, what about another friend for Sam? An eagle would be good in keeping with the wild west theme, or a wolf, but I'd like to see Sam interact with Horace's horse.

And can I be the first to say...

HAPPY 18TH HORACE!!!

***Continue to entertain for at least another 18 years!***

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
How about a cowboy?

I'll give it some more thought.

Felicitations, Roger, Andy and Horace.

Colin:
How about Horace's mum makes an appearance, dressed exactly the same as him  ;D
She could deliver him a letter personally as the pony express is having his shoes repaired or rehooved or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version