Author Topic: New Beau Peep Book ?  (Read 3940 times)

Rob Baker

New Beau Peep Book ?
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »
I just saw this on ebay but have no idea what it is (a book, greetings card, poster?).  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370201682253

Is there anyone who can speaka da Italiano and can translate?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 05:34:41 PM by Rob Baker »

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: New Beau Peep Book ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:41:02 PM »
I translated the page with Babelfish but it doesn't say much about the book apart from: "Seller's description
In perfect conditions, never read!"
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:54:38 PM »
I translated the page with Babelfish but it doesn't say much about the book apart from: "Seller's description
In perfect conditions, never read!"

That last bit looks like good advice.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »
I was told years ago that a Beau Peep book was to be published in Italy and I vaguely recall writing some kind of foreword for it. Apparently, the strip was quite popular there. I've never seen a copy of the book so maybe I'll buy it---my wife is taking Italian classes at the moment!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
I was told years ago that a Beau Peep book was to be published in Italy and I vaguely recall writing some kind of foreword for it. Apparently, the strip was quite popular there. I've never seen a copy of the book so maybe I'll buy it---my wife is taking Italian classes at the moment!

Why the exclamation mark at the end?

Tom

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 10:33:13 PM »
I get so used to seeing something I don't notice when it isn't quite right. Look at 'Beep Peep' - the lettering's different.

Rob Baker

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »
Too late Roger some bugger's just bought it  >:(

Rob Baker

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:18 PM »
I get so used to seeing something I don't notice when it isn't quite right. Look at 'Beep Peep' - the lettering's different.
I noticed that Tom, and I'm not convinced it's Andrew Christine's artwork either..

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
I think I'VE bought it but the instructions are in Italian and I'm pretty sure I've messed up. It keeps asking me to do something that I have no idea about. Do eBay police arrest you?

Malc

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
It's definitely NOT Andrew Christine's artwork. In fact it's better not to show it to him.