Author Topic: Holiday Countdown.  (Read 4690 times)

Malc

Re: Holiday Countdown.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 11:43:21 PM »
the evening waves roll gently on to the sandy shore about twenty yards away. We sit outside on the balcony, of course, and watch the sun go down as the lights of the sardine boats flicker into life.

I just thought I'd let you know that here in Queensland it's always like that.

Have a great holiday, Roger! ;D

Joan

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 11:56:25 PM »
It's sometimes like that in Sydney.  At the moment it's chucking it down, miserable and cold.

Have a wonderful holiday, Roger!  I'm very envious.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
Apparently the sunsets in Manila are stunning, and they make it a tourist attraction. I haven't noticed it yet, but I will look out in 3 weeks when I next fly over there. Got a really busy schedule planned and am looking forward to it. This heatwave in Scotland is preparing me! Who'd have thought it?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
I don't actually leave till Thursday but I've finished all my work so it feels like I'm already on holiday. What to do today? I might watch that DVD I got for Christmas---a play about The Black Watch which has had rave reviews. I'm going to lie on the couch now and think about it.

Malc

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
That would be Tennessee Williams' play on the Black Watch. I love that scene in the sergeants mess:

Sgt McPhee: Whit dae ye want tae drink, sergeant McFadden?

Sgt McFadden: Stellaaaa!  STELLAAAAAA!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »
 ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 07:07:32 PM »
I have now spent 7 days and 14 hours on the BP website - that is like a holiday in of itself (plus travel time  ;D ).
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
I have now spent 7 days and 14 hours on the BP website - that is like a holiday in of itself (plus travel time  ;D ).

I've now spent just over three weeks here and somehow feel that I've gotten away from it all...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
 ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Rob Baker

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Have a great holiday Roger, you deserve it. My old man came back off holiday last week from just outside Albuferia and he was moaning it was too hot! Keep the Superbock intake up and you should be ok. If you want English provisions (and if you've got any sense you won't) try Tommy's shop.
If you want some very cheap (a couple of Euros a box) but very tasty red wine try 'Alandra' - I'm not sure how it's spelt, but that's how I pronouce it. There's a picture of a big bunch of grapes on the box (which is always a good sign, I suppose).  Give my regards to Sao Raphael and have a brilliant time..   

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »
Cheers, Rob. I know Tommy's well---it's not cheap but it's handy and it also has some nice Portugese Deli stuff. Right, that's it. I'm off to pack. See you all at the end of next week.

Tom

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
Enjoy your holiday, Roger!  :)