Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Happy Easter!

(1/7) > >>

Diane CBPFC:

Happy Easter - what are your Easter traditions?

Mine for the last ten years or so includes making strawberry tarts. Yum.

Roger Kettle:
As a kid, I used to look forward to the traditional egg-hunt. These days, I lie on the couch and let them find me.

Malc:
A friend of ours used to tease his kids by setting a trap for the Easter Bunny and placing fake fur and blood around it in the morning.

I used to make a rabbit's footprint using a cut potato, dip it in food dye and stamp it throughout the house (we are 85 per cent floor tiles) so the kids could trail the Easter Bunny and find their Easter eggs.
Naturally I wouldn't lead the little egg hunters anywhere near my bedroom where I would be snoring like buggery. By the time I awoke, they were full of chocolate and didn't need feeding until the next day.

Traditions generally: Easter we eat out a lot, and Christmas breakfast is croissants, coffee and buck's fizz. Er....that's about it.

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
I started a brand new tradition yesterday (Easter Sunday) in the biggest egg ever, thanks to the best birthday present of all time from my beautiful better half.

This was me less than six hours ago. If you've not done this yet, do it. It's a truly awesome experience...

Malc:
Such are the odd processes of my mind I started thinking "where ballooning is concerned, why hasn't a better alternative to the wicker basket been invented"? It's a bit Jules Verne.
And who makes them? Is there a little factory in an industrial estate in Hyde whose core business is wicker baskets for hot air balloons?
If there's a ballooning accident, do the wicker men turn up and cordon the area off? Do they take the basket away for tests?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version