Author Topic: Bon Voyage, Peeps!  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Bon Voyage, Peeps!
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »
As I know you're heading for Far Eastern climes on Monday, let me be the first to wish you a safe and happy journey. Will you manage to log in while you're away? Is Mince going with you?

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Bon Voyage, Peeps!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
I blinkin' hope not!

Yes, Monday sees the start of my world tour. We take off from Glasgow, and keep flying until we touch down at Stansted, where we have a hotel booked for the night.

The next morning we are flying out to Kuala Lumpur and we'll have a couple of days enjoying the karaoke bars there. A train journey to Singapore features next on our itinerary, and after a few songs and some (sight-seeing), we take a plane to Manila. We have 3 weeks in The Philippines traveling to loads of different islands. Quite a lot of people to meet, but we'll have lots of time to relax I think, as there are karaoke (or videoke as they call them) machines everywhere.

I'll have my lap top and drawing tablet (as I will be doing work that comes in), and will also take loads of pics along the way. I'm taking my eldest son along with us, and Lucy's taking her young lad, of course.

I'll let you know what songs I sing.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

robbie62

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »
stanstead is the home of ryanair so make sure you hold on to your wallet, even if your not flying with them they will find a way to get your cash . have a nice holiday

Rob Baker

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:47:01 PM »
Have a great time Peepsie.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:04 AM »
Thanks Robbie, and Rob! I will do my best. We're flying down to Stansted with EasyJet, but are due to come back with Ryanair. I've flown with EasyJet numerous times, and always found it a good experience, but haven't used Ryanair before. I know of their reputation, but Lucy's booked with them for the return leg as the timing is better I think. It just means we have to travel from Prestwick once we land, instead of Paisley.

I've been wondering who to leave in charge of the forum while I'm away. Any suggestions?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:56:53 AM »
Can we claim expenses?

And who's filling in for you at the Karaoke?

Have a cracking time, and don't work too hard, Peepsie.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:07:57 AM »
Happy Hols Nige and Lucy  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 06:32:35 AM »
Well, you're not putting me in charge again.

Choose peter.

And have a nice time.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »
I'm touched.

I shall be looking in frequently. I really need to get my avatar back. Being able to see all the others would be good too.

Peter could make a good boss. Maybe he can take care of moderating posts, whilst Roger looks after the technical side of things.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
You really need to be missed, don't you?
I apologise, in advance.

Joan

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 07:43:23 AM »
Sorry I missed giving you a send off, Peepsie.  Been a bit off colour the last couple of days.  Did another one of hubby's bush wanders on Sunday and managed to collect two grass ticks and a leech.  Didn't know about the leech till it fell out of the washing machine when I took my clothes out.  It was huge - looked like a slug, so obviously had a good feed on me.  Wondered why the back of my heel was bleeding.  It was the grass ticks that made me feel bad.  Tiny things, but I'm very allergic to them and after I'd got them out, the area around the bites just swelled up and hardened red.  Also felt woozy in the head and slept most of Tuesday. Fine now, but think I need to take some preventative action when I go out on Trev walks!  Half a ton of Aeroguard probably, which is no doubt not very good for you either.  ..0

Anyway, hope the trip's going well so far.  You must be in KL by now.  Come down and see us in Sydney - it's only a hop, skip and jump away.  Looking forward to updates.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Hi Joan! Yes, we're in KL now. Hot and sticky... Thunder and lightning too.

Was a long flight over - 13 hours, which I find really boring, and much of it towards the end was really turbulent. Worst I've experienced, although I'm told it can be a lot worse. By the time we got to our hotel room, it was almost 21 hours since I'd got up, so just crashed out into a deep sleep.

More later...

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
Bloomin' Ada, Peepsie - I thought you were trying to sell the concept of these trips? Surely you meant it was a fun-filled flight of non-stop mirth and merriment?

Joan - we went for a walk too...along the banks of the Severn in sun-kissed Shrewsbury. We got accosted by a couple of lively Labrador pups and an ice-cream van. It was Hell, I tell you!

That's it - I'm never leaving these shores ever again.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
Okay - it's great in KL. I like the friendliness of the people. It's long journey to get here, but it's so well worth the effort.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »
To recap: Joan invites Nige and Lucy to Sydney where there are giant slugs and evil sleeping sickness ticks that will knock a man out for two days.
(Hope you feel better soon Joan!)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad