Author Topic: How much Easter candy did you consume?  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

How much Easter candy did you consume?
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:54:26 PM »
...and for a bonus point what types of candy did you eat?

I myself mostly stuck with the candy-coated Cadbury mini eggs.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: How much Easter candy did you consume?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 11:49:15 PM »
I am proud to say that eating chocolates/candy/sweets is something that I never do. To celebrate this, I'm having a cigarette, a coffeee and a Drambuie.

Malc

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:58:23 PM »
I didn't eat any Easter chocs as such, although there may have been a couple of little mini eggs which I forgot about.

I have to now get my U12 football (soccer) team back up to speed after the Easter hols and get rid of the effects of the Easter eggs the little sods have consumed over the last week.

If I was in Scotland I'd take them to Seamill Hydro and run them up and down the sand dunes till they spewed,

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
I didn't realise Jock Wallace was such a hero of yours, Malc.

I get to have all the choocy things the kids don't like. It's so sweet the way they dress it up as being generous. Where exactly IS Seamill Hydro, Malc?....
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
I didn't realise Jock Wallace was such a hero of yours, Malc.

I get to have all the choocy things the kids don't like. It's so sweet the way they dress it up as being generous. Where exactly IS Seamill Hydro, Malc?....

It's HERE, Tarks: http://www.seamillhydro.co.uk/

I've been there once, for coffee with a bird from Saltcoats. Nice place.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:32:07 AM »
Apologies to everyone else but, Tarky, will you go to Hampden if the Saints get to the final?

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:58:15 AM »
Hampden? I'll be in Heaven...probably having suffered the second big one, but one way or another.

I'm off to Leeds on Saturday to watch the game with my kid brother and my nephew. Though it's a tough one and I don't hold out too much hope - I reckon Saints have about as much chance of beating the Bhoys as say Man United have of winning a Champions League quarter final leg by six clear goals.

I echo Roger's apologies to everyone else...and yes, Roger, if I can get a ticket I do believe I will.
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 02:18:23 AM »
Seamill Hydro is Largs way about ten minutes up the road from my mum's in Saltcoats (towards Greenock).

I think Celtic are more associated with it, especially in Jock Stein's day, but Rangers also trained there on the famous dunes.

Very nice area. Me the wife and kids normally stay in Largs when we're visiting my mum, because Saltcoats is too depressing. Amazing how a few miles can totally change one's outlook.
The view from the West over to Arran must be one of the most beautiful in the UK, especially in winter with the snow on the Slepping Warrior, yet the folks in the area take it so much for granted.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »
Arran looks fantabulous from the west coast of Bute - especially when there's snow on the mountains. I went over to Arran twice last year from Rothesay, both times on the Waverley paddle steamer. The first time was through the Kyles of Bute and across to Lochranza, the second time was via Largs and Millport on Cumbrae, then over to Brodick. The picture shows it approaching Lochranza (after doing a short cruise with those who'd wanted to stay onboard rather than spend some time on Arran). It does these trips weekly in the summer.

Malc

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
I tried to take photies of Arran with a regular camera so I could show people back in Manchester but nothing really does the island justice. Distant objects (like a massive island) are thrown so far back they're innocuous.

I hate to descend to the level of Peeps describing what I did with mah Burrds in the old days but I spent a fantastic two days with the lovely Yvonne whilst she was over holidaying with her family.
We were teenagers and had no place (and very little money) of our own to get it on, but when her mum and dad booked their yearly trip to Arran, for once their nubile daughter didn't complain about how boring it was going to be. That's because I caught the ferry after them and we secretly spent the whole weekend together.

Mum and Dad were suitably impressed with how much Yvonne wanted to stay in her room reading, sometimes missing meals, or taking long walks on her own to appreciate the scenery.

I haven't taken the missus to Arran, but I have taken her to Wales, to Bangor.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
Gosh, that's touching, Malc. Is that you in the foreground of Peepsie's picture, waiting to catch the ferry to your beloved Yvonne?

There ought to be a Scottish folk song about it all...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »

I haven't taken the missus to Arran, but I have taken her to Wales, to Bangor.

I can picture you on a romantic tour of the UK Malc. You could have taken her to Cockermouth. Or showed her Littlehampton. Perhaps you took her up the Quantocks in Somerset...

Malc

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 12:43:12 PM »
Alright, you've asked for it. These places are real  >:(

Lickham Bottom, Cullompton. :o

Nob End, Bolton.  ::)

Twathats, Scotland.  ;D

Brown Willy, Cornwall.  :-[

Bell End, Worcestershire.  :-*

My source:- http://www.i-r-genius.com/rudeplaces.html

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »
Are housing prices in towns with rude names cheaper?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad