Author Topic: Empty nest.  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Empty nest.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27:44 AM »
I've always enjoyed annoying Roger.

Thing is, I rather think you're impressing him at the moment. But then, I do sense he is rather vulnerable right now. Your highly moving new-found passion for the game, and Dundee United in particular, could be just what he needs at this time of emotional turmoil. I only hope it's not some sort of cruel sham.
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Danny Cadamarteri, is that where he is? I once had a huge conversation with another football parent in a hotel after a Gold Coast Cup game a few years ago. He was all ADHAD in his conversation style, and brought up Danny  in a "where are they now" fashion. I thought Cadamarteri was long retired, how old is he? (no I don't want to Google).

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »
I think he's about 28, Malc. I can't be arsed googling it either. When he first came on the scene at Everton, he was regarded as a huge star of the future---much like Wayne Rooney a few years later. He lost his way a bit, including a drugs-related incident, but has certainly knuckled down since he came to Dundee United and is playing really well. I'm in love with him.

Colin

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »
My sister in law's son, my nephew obviously, is 19 and she can't wait to get rid of him.

I think she's just saying that because she knows he's still living there just now and when the time comes she'll be heartbroken.

Much like I was when I heard the final result of the Celtic v Dundee United game.

Malc

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
I Googled. Cadamarteri is 30. Still younger than I thought.

Talking of age, I watched an early Les Dawson You Tube video last night and heard him cracking a joke about Madonna.

It was weird - as though Madonna is Zelig. I expect to watch black and white film of Hitler speeches and hear her mentioned, or seeing her playing gin rummy in the Oval office with JFK.

peter

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »
mince is on a long piece of elastic which pulls him home when his fridge gets empty

Vulture

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 03:20:54 AM »
mince is on a long piece of elastic which pulls him home when his fridge gets empty

You'll have to do what I did; move to a much smaller place!