Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 37998 times)

Vulture

Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
Wossa luddite?

Glad to hear things are going well, Joan, and that there's cake.

I think they're relatives of Peeps!

- ditto -

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
More good news, Joan. And I'm glad to hear that you and Nige are twits.

Joan

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »
 ;D Nige is a much bigger twit than I am, Roger. I'm only about a sixth of the twit he is.  ;)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 11:09:33 PM »
;D Nige is a much bigger twit than I am, Roger. I'm only about a sixth of the twit he is.  ;)

I watch John Cleese's tweets. He calls fellow twitterers "twats". Not sure about that.

I only glance at the tweets that appear now and again (it's like a news-feed, if you miss anything, it doesn't really matter), but everyday I spot something I investigate further and could be useful.They run in the background.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »
Have you tried Lists, Nige?  I just created one for you and Bill Tidy (cartoonists) so now I can see all your tweets at once. Bill doesn't tweet very often.

Those three words in my last tweet were not intentionally appropriate.  It wasn't till I reread it that I realised they were.  If I'd tried to think up something, I wouldn't have been capable at the moment.  I know it's pathetic, but I was quite chuffed at myself! LOL

Joan

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 11:44:47 PM »
This is becoming a bit of a diary for me, hope you don't mind - I've just done some exercise, not quite as much as I was doing before, but close, and feel the better for it, amazingly enough, meaning I didn't collapse in a heap.  My other half is still doing things for me, though I'm quite able to do most of it myself, and he's just made a carrot cake, a piece of which I may have, seeing as I did the exercise. ;)  'We' made the Christmas cake the other day.  He cut up the fruit, soaked it  in a great deal of brandy, mixed up the ingredients, of which there are many, and I told him what to do.  'We' also made a lasagne that day using the same process (ie, me telling him what to do) and made it through both sessions with only a couple of little contretemps.  ;D  Son told Dad it was the best lasagne yet.  I, of course, told Dad that he can make it from now on.

I'm just going to go and suggest he gets started on the icing for the carrot cake, so I can have a piece for morning tea.  I wonder if he remembered to buy the cream cheese ...?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 12:54:54 AM »
It's nice that your other half is stepping up to the plate - a little effort make you feel loved eh.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
This is becoming a bit of a diary for me, hope you don't mind - I've just done some exercise, not quite as much as I was doing before, but close, and feel the better for it, amazingly enough, meaning I didn't collapse in a heap.  My other half is still doing things for me, though I'm quite able to do most of it myself, and he's just made a carrot cake, a piece of which I may have, seeing as I did the exercise. ;)  'We' made the Christmas cake the other day.  He cut up the fruit, soaked it  in a great deal of brandy, mixed up the ingredients, of which there are many, and I told him what to do.  'We' also made a lasagne that day using the same process (ie, me telling him what to do) and made it through both sessions with only a couple of little contretemps.  ;D  Son told Dad it was the best lasagne yet.  I, of course, told Dad that he can make it from now on.

I'm just going to go and suggest he gets started on the icing for the carrot cake, so I can have a piece for morning tea.  I wonder if he remembered to buy the cream cheese ...?

Keep going with the diary, Joan. It does me (and maybe us) good to read of your positive-ness. It's been a long time since I was married and had someone to boss around; I'm enjoying reading about you and your o-h.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 08:21:18 AM »
I might try and pair you up with Mince, Vulch.

Soap operas have regular weddings. I don't see why we shouldn't.

I'll get me bow and arrow...

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »
Have you started on the Dalwhinnie malt yet, Joan?

Vulture

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
I might try and pair you up with Mince, Vulch.

Soap operas have regular weddings. I don't see why we shouldn't.

I'll get me bow and arrow...

Listen, Sunshine, I tried being 'paired up' once and that was enough! If you MUST get your bow and arrow, use it/them to shoot yourself!  ;D

Malc

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »
I'm going to practice making soup. Roger makes a very nice pot, and my mum's is ace. Mel can't cook anything to save her life, so there's no point in passing on my mum's recipe. It seems like the secret of McGookin Soup is mine to keep.
Interestingly, when I discuss the vagaries of soup-making with anyone, (mostly women) I pick up other little tips, like basting your ingredients in a butter solution before transferring to the soup pot and adding your stock.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »
I'm going to practice making soup. Roger makes a very nice pot, and my mum's is ace. Mel can't cook anything to save her life, so there's no point in passing on my mum's recipe. It seems like the secret of McGookin Soup is mine to keep.
Interestingly, when I discuss the vagaries of soup-making with anyone, (mostly women) I pick up other little tips, like basting your ingredients in a butter solution before transferring to the soup pot and adding your stock.

Amazingly, I'm actually making lentil soup as we speak. (Just added some veg and pork stock.)

I actually didn't believe it the first time, Malc, when you said Roger had palmed you off with a dish of gruel home-made soup. I mean, after I'd wined and dined you in a swank Rothesay eaterie only a few days before. ..0

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
I too am making soup for tonight. I cooked up some extra chicken last night on purpose as I bought a lovely bunch of leeks (not often found in these parts) and for sure I will give them a little stir in a hot frying pan first to bring out their flavour.  Cock-a-leekie  in the slow cooker!

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
Ah, soup. Now there's a topic worth discussing. Despite giving Malc my home-made lentil soup (I had some stock from a boiled ham joint to use up), I still prefer my watercress and potato creation. Then there's my chicken and mushroom soup, using three types of mushroom. MAKE SOUP NOT WAR!
By the way, who's been playing silly buggers with my avatar?