Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 38005 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »
How about Eric Postlethwaite. That would be an original name for a soup.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »
By the way, who's been playing silly buggers with my avatar?

I have no idea, Roger, but it's disgraceful and I don't think you should stand for it: after all, your avatar isn't.
Heh! Heh! Heh!
Please fix it.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2009, 11:35:17 PM »
My Cock-a-leekie isn't working out by the way - not a chicken stock cube in the house! So instead I added (to the chicken and leeks and onions) white beans and mushroom soup and mushrooms. I just need to call it something else - any ideas?

Mushy leekie?

Ewee, if you say it fast it sounds quite exotic.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »
Sounds like a burst pipe that's gone un-noticed for a while.

Roger, is it me, or does your avatar now look slightly different? I can't put my finger on it, but it looks strange...

Malc

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »
Tom, I thought the same thing, but didn't want to be seen as a serial "spotter". The nearest eye to camera has been altered.

Unless you posted your comment at the sane time as the avatar was lying on its side, in which case, er....never mind.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
Blimey. The nearest eye now looks like a bit of a ring-piece. I hadn't noticed that before. I wonder who that could have been. ..0

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
Ere, who thumped Roger!?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Joan

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 04:41:57 AM »
Joan, you can of course start up another diary thread.

Oh, no, Malc - this is just what I wanted.  8) I'll just come in and update in amongst the nonsense and not-so-nonsense and I did see Roger (Roger's alter ego) lying on his back - is there a limit to the number of pages a topic can have?

Have you started on the Dalwhinnie malt yet, Joan?

I've only had one wee one, Roger, since the little jet lag Joan episode, what -a year and a bit ago? Can't believe it's that long.  Had a glass of sparkling wine on Friday, but it left me feeling a bit fuzzy on Saturday. Dalwhinnie sounds quite appealing, though.  Only a little bit left in the bottle - there's a thought for one of my Christmas presents.  How is it that I'm easy to buy presents for and everyone else is so darn difficult?  I have to say, I've been feeling a bit jet lag Joanish over the last week - especially the first two days after my op - God knows how much stuff they pumped into me on Friday, but no adverse affects, apart from a slight doolalleyness, which may or may not have been there before all this.  ;)

I'm glad to see toh's efforts have inspired discussions about their cullinary skills amongst some of the male members of BP, even if it is just soup.  I love Scottish lentil soup.  You can't get it in a can here - it's all lumpy stuff.  Coles had some for a while, but they've stopped selling it.  Come to think of it, there are some lentils in the cupboard - maybe I can get toh onto it.  Trouble is, nobody else in the house likes it.  I'd be eating it till the cows came home.

Had a quiet couple of days - the weather has been lovely - bit warm yesterday, but not unbearable and it's cooler today.  Supposed to be really hot tomorrow, though.  Been watching a bit of the golf in Melbourne - Australian Masters.  They've got Tiger Woods over - crowds are huge, thank goodness they didn't hold it here, we'd have had punters crawling all over the place - not that they would - logistics too difficult.  Toh and I went to the Australian Open last time he was here, which would be a few years ago now.  He was just becoming famous then and there wasn't half so much fuss.  In fact, there was more fuss about Greg Norman who was there too.  Funny how you can tell the crowd is Australian, even when you can't see the gum trees.  It's the shorts, t-shirts, hats and sunglasses that are the giveaway.  Good Lord, Malc, some of the officials have got shorts and long socks on!  We're nothing, if not casual here.  On the Saturday morning after my op a handsome, fit looking young man in shorts and a t-shirt appeared in my room - couldn't think why he would be visiting me, in the few seconds it took to realise it was my surgeon.

It suddenly struck me, Diane, reading your last post, that you probably don't have a Canadian accent.  I just always assumed you did and I'm the last person who should assume that, seeing as some people would assume I had an Australian accent, which is totally wrong.  We'll have no comments from anyone who's heard me recently, if you please.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:45:14 AM by Joan »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »
I do try to blend in by saying tomato and aluminum as they do and sadly, never say “butties” anymore– but people here, when meeting me for the first time, always still ask where I’m from.

You would think in a land filled with poisonous snakes, the trend would be to wear long pants with bicycle clips. 

Feather

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
Joan, glad to hear that you are doing so well under the circumstances.  Love your photo-avatar. You are quite pretty.

I'm not allowed to have a photo here, or an avatar at all it seems.  :-\  Mince apparently isn't allowed to have a photo or an avatar either but I can understand that.

Malc

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
Why can't you have an avatar? It's an outrage!!

Joan

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »
Thanks, Feather.  That photo was taken at a Bollywood-themed 'Girls' Night In' in aid of women's cancer, the day after I was diagnosed - had already accepted the invitation and decided to go and it was a lovely evening - much better than sitting at home brooding about things.

We need to start a "reinstate Feather's avatar" campaign.

Feather

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »

We need to start a "reinstate Feather's avatar" campaign.

It's way too risky.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2009, 07:20:11 PM »
Why? Would you get grief from a pilchard?

Malc

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
It would drive men to madness. Feather is one serious Cougar.