Author Topic: "Getting to know me..."  (Read 12030 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
"Getting to know me..."
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
Borrowing from Diane (Getting to know you.« on: April 04, 2007, 03:09:44 PM »

What is your real first name?
Bill (I don't respond well to Billy, except from Roger)(and I've never been known as Will, especially because of my job)
Where do you live, where were you born?
Currently in the soggy climes of Dorset, having been here for the past 7 years.  Singapore
What do you do to earn a living? Do you like what you do?
Took the Queen's shilling (actually £4.65) in 1975, and only 2ish years to retirement, then I must get a real job in the outside world.  Specialities are petroleum (I can have 'pi' after my name!) and Information Systems.
I must have liked it as I've been doing it for 34 years so far.
What do you do to fulfill the artistic side of yourself?
I'm not much of an artist at all.  But I would like to give it a try once I have more time (well, at least make more time for it).
What do you do to keep fit?
Knackered knee precludes me from running anymore.  Diving season is starting soon so that will help.
Favorite junk food?
A certain make of jelly sweets (****** macht kinder froh, und erwachsinner eben so.)
What do you do to make the world better?
I would like to think that my past 34 years have played a part.  I've also helped produce two stable adults to improve the Human race - maybe they will make a difference?
What books are currently on your nightstand?
True Blood omnibus
Do you have a spouse, children, dogs, cats etc in your life?
Oh, yes. Better half for past 31 years (artistic), son (25 - he's the artistic one), daughter (23), GSD (Ziva, guess!), Burmese (Tizzy) and two Siamese (Sushi and Smorg).
Describe what, to you, would be a perfect weekend?
Having a walk in lovely weather in a pleasant countryside, enjoying Nature at it's best.  Oh, and playing on the Xbox.

And now for the serious stuff?

Who is your favourtie Beau Peep character?
The Vultures !!!
Which BP character are you most like?
The Dad Vulture
How many of the 20 Beau Peep books have you read?
I now own 17 and am reading the 5 I have just acquired. (I've also read #1, thanks to Diane)
Which is your favourite BP book?
Can't say at the moment, but #8 has some really funny 'Vulture' strips.
Have you met Roger or Andrew in real life?
Unfortunately not.  I have met Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford however.

Is that enough ammunition to make fun of??

Feather

Re: "Getting to know me..."
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »
Bill, I rarely post here anymore but I just noticed that you wrote:

True Blood omnibus

I am currently reading Book 8 - From Dead to Worse. I have never watched the series on HBO.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:17:06 PM by Feather »

Tom

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:21:39 PM »
Bill, I've been known as Will.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »
Has the phrase "fire at will!" been heard.  It is not helpful when in the military and on the receiving end.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
Bill, I rarely post here anymore but I just noticed that you wrote:

True Blood omnibus

I am currently reading Book 8 - From Dead to Worse. I have never watched the series on HBO.

The Omnibus is the first three books.  I've just finished #2 (Dead in Dallas).
The first season has been on (don't remember which channel), but it is not something I would have been comfortable watching with my parents - may they rest in peace.  I enjoyed the humour though - and Sookie is hot.

Feather

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
The Omnibus is the first three books.  I've just finished #2 (Dead in Dallas).
The first season has been on (don't remember which channel), but it is not something I would have been comfortable watching with my parents - may they rest in peace.  I enjoyed the humour though - and Sookie is hot.

I've read books 1-7 and enjoyed them all. Since I live in Dallas, Book 2 was especially fun for me. I'm from the Southern US and so I can really relate to the humor.

I started to post a clip from "True Blood" but thought it might be too much for this board.  ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
I don't remember posting that but it does sound like something I would do.

Thank you for your resume Bilthehut - you are overqualifed for most of the jobs around here but we are looking for someone to polish Roger's golf clubs until Fyodor gets better.  You never know, it could lead to something better down the road.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »
I was in Singapore last June. I liked it very much. Rub my moon-man tenderly, Mr Horoscope.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »
Okay, since nobody else is mentioning it....
How did you meet Spielberg and Ford?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »
I was waiting for that.  Ha.  Short version.  You can see me for about 1 second in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'.  Book burning scene in Berlin, but was actually the front of Stowe School.  As a result of my support, they got myself, my boss (CO of the Regiment and the Garrison Commander (a Brigadier) bit (and I mean really small bits) parts in this part of the film.  We were dressed as Brownshirt Officers (except for the Brigadier who became a German General). 

In the part where 'Indiana' has retrieved the notebook from the girl and was pushed by media into the path of 'Hitler', I am the head to the right of him.  It was an unforgettable night of many scenes, most of which never made it to the film.  The bit where the Brownshirt (between Indiana and Hitler) pushes Indiana out of the way was not in the original script.  That Brownshirt is another British Army Lt Col who had managed to push his way in front of the enterage (mainly Equity bit actors) and accidentally nudged Harrison Ford.  He took this person aside to practice and develop the bit, as he liked the idea.  This guy then has a memorable part in the film.  My uniform by the way had been previously worn by Ian Holm (it still had his name labels in), except the boots - they were too small.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
I don't remember posting that but it does sound like something I would do.

Thank you for your resume Bilthehut - you are overqualifed for most of the jobs around here but we are looking for someone to polish Roger's golf clubs until Fyodor gets better.  You never know, it could lead to something better down the road.

Oh yes you did, and what a good idea it was.
How many Golf Clubs does Roger own?  I can only handle St Andrews.
I am along way down the road.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »

My uniform by the way had been previously worn by Ian Holm (it still had his name labels in), except the boots - they were too small.

Whose underpants did you get?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
I started to post a clip from "True Blood" but thought it might be too much for this board.  ;)

Good Idea not to have posted this.  I'm sure you would have got an 'Oh Dear'.

Can't wait for Season Two.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »

My uniform by the way had been previously worn by Ian Holm (it still had his name labels in), except the boots - they were too small.

Whose underpants did you get?

Mark Spencer I think

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
I was in Singapore last June. I liked it very much. Rub my moon-man tenderly, Mr Horoscope.

I wish I could remember anything about it, but I was only 18 months old (all say "Ahh") when my family left (with me I might add).
I still have a goal to visit my birth place (BMH Singapore) although I believe it no longer exists.