Author Topic: DVD region codes  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

DVD region codes
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:18 AM »
DVD region codes

My computer says that I can only change the region code on its DVD player a total of 4 times. Why is that do you think?

I bought the No, Honestly TV series from 1974 for a trip down memory lane but it only comes in region 2 – I also thought it would be considerate of me to purchase my husband a Valentine gift... to give to me... and this is it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:30:50 AM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Jack

Re: DVD region codes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »
I don't know why they do that, but mine did it too, and it's bloody annoying.

Joan

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:27:31 AM »
Because the powers that be, ie the movie moguls, don't want people in countries outside the US buying the DVD before the movie's released in their country on the big screen. The computer thing is standard - mine have the same.  It may play on your DVD player - you can get firmware fixes if you search onliine so that the DVD player will play all regions.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
you can get firmware fixes if you search onliine so that the DVD player will play all regions

Sorry, my brain's pulling a Roger on this one.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:13:57 AM »
I was about to reply to Joan when I saw Diane had got in there first...
You've gone and done it now Joan...the lad's sitting at his desk, enjoying his first cup of tea, flicking through the papers while the computer warms up and....everything discarded while he clasps his head with both hands and groans...totally ruined his morning, you have

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »
How come everybody has suddenly got Deep Vein Drombosis?

Joan

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
I was being a bit naughty and showing off - they are just codes that you enter with your remote control which unlock the region codes.  Haven't used them for a while, so don't know if they're still available - probably not for free. 

I was about to reply to Joan when I saw Diane had got in there first...
You've gone and done it now Joan...the lad's sitting at his desk, enjoying his first cup of tea, flicking through the papers while the computer warms up and....everything discarded while he clasps his head with both hands and groans...totally ruined his morning, you have

Poor Roger!  ;)

I didn't get that initially, Roger - got it now.    :D

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
How come everybody has suddenly got Deep Vein Drombosis?

Shouldn't that be Deep Vein Drambuiesis?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »
Shouldn't it be Does Vulture Doodle?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟