Author Topic: Project.  (Read 24806 times)

Jack

Re: Project.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
No, Jack. It's probably NOT slow, it's just that I'm a lefty, and so's my mouse, and when you say 'click the right button' I have to work out which one that is.......!

;D I can see why that might be a problem!
I should have said "To pick stuff, press the usual button you use to pick stuff. To cycle through the actions, press the other one."

It's true. Having got into the game, I had to phone Tarks to get me OUT of it. I was hopelessly stuck and couldn't even find a way to quit the damn thing.
Sigh.

I should probably add, for everyone's benefit, that pressing "ESC" brings up a menu that lets you quit as well and other things.

I managed to get Roger out of the room.  Is there more than one way of doing it, or should I not bother looking?

No, there's just the one way of doing it.  :D

Thanks again to all for your kind comments.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
I'll try again later tonight, Jack, and report back.
When I played the game earlier, I must say Diane was quite offhand with me when I phoned her. I'm not going to speak to her again.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
Yes, I also thought Diane was offhand and annoying as well. I think Jack's captured her rather well.

Rob Baker

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 06:38:51 PM »
Great stuff Jack, and very funny.  Couldn't suss out how to get Roger through his office door though.

Tom

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »
Very funny. I helped Roger get out of the room!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
It froze on me at 71% download - trying again 4%... with and hour and a half approximate download time. During this time I refuse to speak to Roger.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
I DID IT!
Well done, Jack. I can't believe the work that must have gone into that Some really funny dialogue and a great ending. Also, it was extremely nostalgic to see myself with other than grey hair.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
Also, it was extremely nostalgic to see myself with other than grey hair.

Ah - so you didn't get to Level 2 then?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »
85% download and the darn phone rang!  >:(
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »

Was it Roger?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:13 PM »
Very cool game.  Great ending!

You’ve come a long way with your computer skills Jack since the days when we were figuring out how to post a hyperlink.

How much trouble would be for when Roger phones Diane; Diane convinces Roger that he is invisible, he goes through the door then we hear all the women screaming (don't have to see them); then Roger runs back into his office covered in lipstick?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:34:22 PM by Diane CBPFC »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »

Was it Roger?

No it was Peepmaster pretending to be Peter.  ;D

Jack

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Diane!

If it helps, when I was on Dial-up I used to use the free version of a program called GetRight (link here).

It's a download manager, so anything you want to download, you can use GetRight to download it and it lets you pause the download. So if you get interrupted for any reason, you can (usually) resume the download when you're connected again, without having to restart from the beginning. I found it quite useful.

Of course, you have to download it before you can use it, but on the bright side it's a smaller file than my game.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »
Thanks Jack - I will give it a whirl. ALready at 11%  ;D

Diamond Lil

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 07:28:40 AM »
Jack, that is just great!!!...nearly didn't bother to get Roger out because I was enjoying Malc's rant so much!  Clever stuff