Author Topic: Project.  (Read 24928 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Project.
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »
Jack - my daughter had the "games" opened on my computer playing chess -  I looked and Roger Kettle's Great Escape is in that section too - how clever was that!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Jack

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
how clever was that!

Oh, at least 7 million.  :)

Rob Baker

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I've released Roger at last!   What a great game Jack - and very funny too. You ought to do another one.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
That's not very nice of you, Rob - keeping Roger stuck in his office for so long.

Jack

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »
Thanks Rob.

Did anything ever come of the project mentioned in the first post?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
I spoke to the guys involved a couple of days ago, Jack, and it's still very much on the go. I'll keep everyone up to date with anything that happens.

Jack

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
I'm posting here because:
(a) I'm curious as to whether this project has completely collapsed, or is just going really really slowly, and
(b) a couple of people have joined since I posted the far superior "Roger Kettle's Great Escape" game, and I'm officially announcing that I refuse to acknowledge Sandy Buttcheeks' existence unless he downloads and completes said game.

Vulture

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:49 PM »
(a) I'm curious as to whether this project has completely collapsed, or is just going really really slowly, and
(b) a couple of people have joined since I posted the far superior "Roger Kettle's Great Escape" game, and I'm officially announcing that I refuse to acknowledge Sandy Buttcheeks' existence unless he downloads and completes said game.

Too late!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

Ok...hands up time.

Jack, I have had the game on the laptop since 10/09/2012 (I checked the installed date!). I can confirm that within that time, I have clocked up at least 10 mins of game play (of which 5mins was probably clicking Roger back and forward just to amuse the kids). However, I reckon that this is THE best game I have ever played since I was potty trained and I hang my head in shame that I have not yet completed it...which I have to say, I did expect to do within said 10 mins.

So seeing that it is nearly the season of goodwill (only 195 days to Christmas), I am going to get back into this paragon of programming, this beauty of bytes, and I shall complete it. In fact, I am so determined now to do this game justice, that I shall complete it...to the END. So there.

Right, how do I switch the bloody Great Escape tune off?

;)

Jack

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »

Finish the game ;)

(Actually, there might be a volume option in the menu that pops up when you press ESC, but I wouldn't swear to it.)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »

Finish the game ;)

(Actually, there might be a volume option in the menu that pops up when you press ESC, but I wouldn't swear to it.)

Swear away, I know I will be.   ..0

Egg

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:50 PM »
OK, guilty as charged melud!
Just tried to download it to iPad........nothing! :-\
Too many Internet Police on my work laptop!
iPad version anyone?

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 04:53:12 PM »
Draw a blocky person on a flip-book and flip through it a couple of times when you're bored. The result is pretty much the same.  ;D

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
 I refuse to acknowledge Sandy Buttcheeks' existence unless he downloads and completes said game.

I exist, Jack.

I am now a member of those elite diehards that have stuck with this game through all it's levels (one, I think), that have risked epilepsy due to the high speed flashing imagery (well, Malcs laser eyes) and dabbled in the dangers of addiction to "must have" games (as in, must have been something better I could have been doing).

Did find it quite amusing and, dare I say, it reminded me of the early days of gaming. I've got a hankering to get the Amiga dusted down and get Monkey Island back out. Guybrush, where art thou...

;D

Jack

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
I exist, Jack.

I am now a member of those elite diehards that have stuck with this game through all it's levels (one, I think), that have risked epilepsy due to the high speed flashing imagery (well, Malcs laser eyes) and dabbled in the dangers of addiction to "must have" games (as in, must have been something better I could have been doing).

Did find it quite amusing and, dare I say, it reminded me of the early days of gaming. I've got a hankering to get the Amiga dusted down and get Monkey Island back out. Guybrush, where art thou...

;D