Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Valentine's Day
« on: February 14, 2010, 05:34:09 AM »
What nice things are you planning to do for your sweethearts today?

I bought hubby, the kids and myself a red Canada Olympic throw (that fold into a pillow) on sale for only $5.70 instead of $20 each. That and some Fuzzy Peaches and Cinnamon Hearts and the we are all set for the day. I may even make heart-shaped pancakes.

Happy Hearts Day everyone!  :-*
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »
oops...I see that Nige has already started a romantic Valentine thread for this year.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
oops...I see that Nige has already started a romantic Valentine thread for this year.

That doesn't count, Diane. Nigel's thread is the negative side of St Valentine's Day. Yours is definitely the positive side!  :-*

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
Yes - let's see what we can scrape from the bargain-bin at huge discount to reflect our appreciation of loved-ones... ..0

I'm actually going to be cooking a roast dinner too. I might mould the mashed swede into something phallic to add a romantic touch.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »
Just done the heart-shaped box of Thornton's finest, and Champagne wrapped in cellophane with a big ribbon bow, plus oversized mushy card bit, and shortly we're off for a nice long walk round a lake in the heart of the Welsh mountains, with a huge old dam at one end of it (make what symbolism you like of that). The sun is shining, and it almost feels warm outside.

First thing she said to me this morning - "Awww - but I thought we didn't 'do' Valentines Day." She's half right... 
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
Mel left the handbrake only half-on yesterday evening, so after she got in the house, the car rolled backwards down the drive and smashed into the rock wall.

I still bought her a Valentines day card, but no frills. Just signed it, "Love, Malc, x".

She's lucky she got that.

Jack

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
You should have carved it into one of the rocks that fell from the wall.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
Yes - let's see what we can scrape from the bargain-bin at huge discount to reflect our appreciation of loved-ones... ..0

I saved $71.50 - you can buy a lot of turnips with $71.50 

lucy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
I got bunch of lilies  from Peeps, bought from supermarket while were doing our shopping. I gave him his early valentine pressie , set of knives.. who said romance is dead! :)

Malc

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Bought from the supermarket? That's what Peeps told you. More likely you passed a hearse on the way there.  ;D