Author Topic: Door Knockers  (Read 3447 times)

Joan

Re: Door Knockers
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:55 AM »
Coincidentally, my wife pointed out to me yesterday that we have a door knocker on our bedroom door. (I don't anything sinister was meant---it was raised as a matter of interest). We've only been living here eleven years so that's why I hadn't noticed it. I mean, I knew there was SOMETHING there but hadn't really looked at it. It's a little brass fishing boat, about an inch in size, and has the words "Looe Smack" engraved on it.  I'm guessing this is a Cornish souvenir and not some bedroom frolic practised by the previous owners.

Are you sure it's not "Love Shack", Roger?  :)

Joan

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:25 AM »
We don't have a door knocker, just a very loud chimey door bell which rings in all the bedrooms and kitchen (intercom). I've always been tempted to add a door knocker, but something slightly sadistic in me rather enjoys it when someone rings the bell at 11am and the kids are still in bed.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
We don't have a door knocker, just a very loud chimey door bell which rings in all the bedrooms and kitchen (intercom). I've always been tempted to add a door knocker, but something slightly sadistic in me rather enjoys it when someone rings the bell at 11am and the kids are still in bed.
;D ;D ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »
I don't think I would like a loud door bell - living where people do - they may decide to ring the bell to try to sell you Girl Guide cookies or a religion or a vacuum cleaner.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 12:10:37 AM »
Meanwhile at Di's house...

Knock, Knock

Knock, Knock, Knock

Knock, Knock, KNOCK!

KNOCK, KNOCK!

Knock.

(drives away)

inside...

Aren't you glad we didn't buy a door knocker.  :)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »
 ;D

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 08:55:24 AM »
Painful knuckles!