Author Topic: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut  (Read 14782 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Just following up my last post, I have to say, this place is terribly bad for a person's self esteem. You've got:

- Roger, who writes the Internationally Renowned comic strip that brought us all here in the first place.

- Malc, who I'm pretty sure has at some point worked on a whole bunch of stuff I've always liked.

- Tarks has also done a whole bunch of stuff, some of which I've probably liked without even realising who was responsible for it.

- The Peepmaster's had work published, and I'm sure someone bought it.

- Bilthehut was in Indiana Jones. I think. Someone here was, and I think it was him.

- Diane, who seems to do upwards of a million different activities, and be brilliant at all of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised at this point if Tom were to reveal he's actually Tom Selleck, star of Magnum P.I.

Well, one day I'll do something remarkable... maybe become Emperor of Earth, or something. That'll show ya.

Jack, you have to remember your great Beau Peep online game - that was brilliant. You just need me to do your P.R. for you.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
Just following up my last post, I have to say, this place is terribly bad for a person's self esteem. You've got:

- Roger, who writes the Internationally Renowned comic strip that brought us all here in the first place.

- Malc, who I'm pretty sure has at some point worked on a whole bunch of stuff I've always liked.

- Tarks has also done a whole bunch of stuff, some of which I've probably liked without even realising who was responsible for it.

- The Peepmaster's had work published, and I'm sure someone bought it.

- Bilthehut was in Indiana Jones. I think. Someone here was, and I think it was him.

- Diane, who seems to do upwards of a million different activities, and be brilliant at all of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised at this point if Tom were to reveal he's actually Tom Selleck, star of Magnum P.I.

Well, one day I'll do something remarkable... maybe become Emperor of Earth, or something. That'll show ya.

Jack, you have to remember your great Beau Peep online game - that was brilliant. You just need me to do your P.R. for you.
I concur wholeheartedly with Diane.  That was an excellent game in the true spirit of this forum.  Well done again, Jack.

Tom

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
... I wouldn't be at all surprised at this point if Tom were to reveal he's actually Tom Selleck, star of Magnum P.I...

Yes, I am, in fact, Magnum P.I.'s Tom Selleck.

Feather

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
Bill, I ordered "Dead in the Family" and "A Touch of Dead." The books should be here in the next day or two. I'm looking forward to reading them this weekend. Currently, I'm reading "Two for the Dough" by Janet Evanovich. It's the second in her bounty hunter Stephanie Plum series. The series is okay, but I don't think I'll be reading every book.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »
You're alive!  I'm on the last Harper book (of 4).  S'good ones.
The finale for True Blood series 2 is this week, so that leaves me with the option of re-reading the books - except that I've persuaded the other half to read them (the first 3 books being an omnibus edition).

Don't know anything about Janet Evanovich - I'm rather staid in my reading range.

Feather

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
The two new Sookie books arrived today. I can't wait to read them!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
When Mince gets a new book, he also buys new crayons to do the colouring-in.  ..0
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »
When Mince gets a new book, he also buys new crayons to do the colouring-in.  ..0

AND he probably goes outside the lines....!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »

Yes, because the last time I sent you a colouring book for your birthday, you moaned about not getting the crayons as well.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Good comeback.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
The two new Sookie books arrived today. I can't wait to read them!

Enjoy!  I've just finished the last one.  It's back to sci-fi for a while until t'other 'alf has read the omnibus edition.

Feather

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
I forgot to tell you that a couple of my friends who live not so far from Harris attended a "Sookie" reading given by the author.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »
That must have been fun.

Feather

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
They enjoyed it.

I am reading Touch of Dead. It really does fill in the gaps, especially when it comes to Hadley. I was a little disappointed in "Dracula Night" because the ending was a let-down. I loved the idea of comparing everything  to "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," but the rest of it was so predictable. It seemed hastily-written, too. I think this story would have made a great addition, if filled-out more,  to one of her books instead of being used in a collection of short-stories. There was so much she could have done with it.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »
That must have been fun.

Maybe all the pubs were closed.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟