Author Topic: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut  (Read 14796 times)

Feather

Re: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
I have to agree with you, Feather. As a little light reading, these books aren't bad.

Just like with the Sookie stories, you get caught up in Braun's quirky characters.  If I ever get another cat and it's a male Siamese, I'm naming him Qwilleran.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
I have been living with Siamese and Burmese for the past 30+years so am fully aware of their nature.  That is why we have them.  The current crop are: Tizzy (brown Burmese of 13 going on 30, if her grandmother is anything to go by), Sushi and Smorg (sister and brother both Siamese tabby points (seal and chocolate)with lovely stripes and ringed tails of 3 years old.

Feather

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
Then you will definitely have to read "The Cat Who Could Read Backwards." Braun's books feature a Siamese cat that helps solve mysteries.

We had Siamese cats (one blue-point and one seal-point) when I was growing up. I currently have a seal-point Himalayan named Sophie.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54:23 PM »
I always found Big Ears to be boring. It detracted from my enjoyment of the Noddy books.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2010, 11:33:50 PM »
Bill, look!

http://www.amazon.com/Sookie-Stackhouse-Companion-Novel-Blood/dp/0441019714/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1287503250&sr=8-1

Thanks, Feather.  I have now placed an advance order for it on the UK site (£13.50 - or less).  Keep up the spy work for me , please.

I am on book 4 again and Sookie has just agreed to babysit Eric but nothing has happened between them - yet!  There was yet another mention of her cousin (on drugs) but no mention of her name.  Also, I think Sookie's Fairy Godmother has been spotted by Sookie, but no mention that she's a fairy (just wait for the comments to come).
I'm enjoying reading the books again as I am picking up little snippits I missed the first time around.

Feather

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
I would like to re-read them, but my friend still has the first one and I'd like to start from the beginning to pick up on what I missed on the first readings. I read that HBO is going to have Eric lose his memory like in the book and run around in pink spandex (which I don't remember happening).  However, I also read that Bill and Sam are going to have a little graphic fling. You see, this is where I think HBO is going for more "shock and awe" for ratings rather  than sticking with the books. This type of encounter did not happen at all in the book. It was not even alluded to, if I'm remembering the plots correctly.  Eric and his maker, yes, but Bill or Sam?  Nope.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »
This is probably one of the longest threads ever on this site and I haven't a clue what you're talking about. I like the sound of a "graphic fling" though.

Vulture

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
This is probably one of the longest threads ever on this site and I haven't a clue what you're talking about. I like the sound of a "graphic fling" though.

Is a 'graphic fling' where you throw a pencil across the room?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
No, it's when Scotsmen do the Highland Fling and their kilts fly up.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:34 PM »
No, it's when Scotsmen do the Highland Fling and their kilts fly up.

Too graphic - unless one of you cartoonists out there decide to draw it.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »
I would like to re-read them, but my friend still has the first one and I'd like to start from the beginning to pick up on what I missed on the first readings. I read that HBO is going to have Eric lose his memory like in the book and run around in pink spandex (which I don't remember happening).  However, I also read that Bill and Sam are going to have a little graphic fling. You see, this is where I think HBO is going for more "shock and awe" for ratings rather  than sticking with the books. This type of encounter did not happen at all in the book. It was not even alluded to, if I'm remembering the plots correctly.  Eric and his maker, yes, but Bill or Sam?  Nope.
  • I haven't reached that part in the current book, so cannot confirm or deny Eric's 'pink spandex'.  However, in book two, Sookie takes Eric as company to the orgy - and he's wearing similar gear, to indicate he goes both ways.
  • Bill and Sam definitely did NOT have a fling.  Just wondering how 'Bill' will take 'Sookie'' and 'Eric' getting it on, seeing how he's marrying her in real life.  If True Blood follows the books in any way true, this season is the last he will get any with Sookie on camera.
  • Of course, Eric and his maker has been confused by True Blood, as Eric's maker saw sunrise last season.  They will have to miss out a significant part of a later book involving the real 'maker'.

p.s. for anyone confused by this 'subject', may I humbly suggest you read the books.