Author Topic: The Top 12 One-Post Wonders  (Read 1696 times)

Jack

The Top 12 One-Post Wonders
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
#12: ALUNC1

In July 2008, alunc1 registered to flog some Beau Peep books:
I am selling these books as I have 2 copies of them I should have number one somewhere also and will post that when I fine my spare as a seperate sale I am selling the colour collection isbn 0-85079-176-6 first genuine real offer which i feel is reasonable will acquire. for a very good offer on the collection 2-10 and colour collection will aquire all.  i want to sell to real fans rather than  collectors.
Nobody replied. Alunc1 never posted again.

#11: PHILSKELLY

In November 2006, philskelly had also tried to flog some Beau Peep books:
Hi all,
I've not been on in a while, and was curious as to whether, with the launching of the new forum, did we all have to re-register, as it would not accept my old details.  unless of course, I just plain got 'em wrong.

Kudos do who designed it, very swish and professional. 

Also just a heads up to all collectors, I recently purchased a set of four older books, but the problem was, that I already had 2, so I have relisted them myself on Ebay.  The books are 6 & 8, these are item numbers 130053740710 and 130053741903.
The topic then focussed on the site design, nobody bought the books, and philskelly never posted again.

#10: STARTLEME

Last November (2009, for those who have trouble keeping up with such things) saw a new member post with the name startleme:
Peace,
I just just stumbled across the board following a link from a face book group. It seemed interesting enough to join...So hello to everyone
This new face was greeted with enthusiastic gibberish from the regular posters, and startleme never posted again. Genuine newcomer visiting via facebook? Or generic message from a spambot (with links for 'bank loans' etc in the sig)? You decide.

#9: MAYOR OF LLANFAIRPWLLGWYN

In August 2007, Colin posted a banner in his signature (now missing) that appears to have included various forum members' names. At this time, a new member happened to join with the name Mayor of Llanfairpwllgwyn. I assume there's a character limit on usernames. He said:
I love this banner boyo! Please add me.

Mayor of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
He then never posted again, presumably because it was one of you pillocks fine people messing about.

#8: GRANNY GALAXY

In March 2008, in a topic entitled "We need some girly admins", a poster named Granny Galaxy appeared with this comment:
Girly Admins.

Thought it said Burly Admins.

Registered fer no reason.
Peepmaster replied with "Hi Granny. You must be Mince's girlfriend" and the account was never used again. On a side note, this topic also featured the somewhat disturbing debut of "Tarquinetta".

#7: WULLIE CAMEL

In September 2008, a new poster named Wullie Camel posted in a topic wherein people were invited to make their predictions for 2009:
How about wettest July on record.

Naw I'm just being silly now aren't I.
The next post was a welcome from Peter. Oddly enough, we never saw Wullie Camel again.

#6: TIMJYIN

In August 2007, timjyin popped in to ask the following question:
can anyone tell me how to find the sketch of the nomad crawling through the desert gasping "water water!"..
stumbles upon beau and beau says "i will give you water if you tell me the secret of life"

cut to the chase

nomad gets the water and tells beau..... "keep breathing"
Roger didn't know the answer. Rob Baker unsurprisingly did. Armed with the answer to his question, timjyin disappeared into the wilderness in search of new adventures.

#5: VENUS COW TRAP

In January 2007, the following post was made:
Hello everyone! 

I found a handful of old comics in the back of my wardrobe a couple of weeks ago and after rediscovering how funny beau peep is, I thought I?d search for an official the website.

I'm a student failing studying at Cardiff university. After seeing the shop on your main webpage I thought what better way to spend some student loan than on buying one of your original drawings. So I did.
 It arrived today and I must say it's very impressive. Bigger than expected and delivered quickly. Glad you didn't pull an honest Abdul job on me (no that I thought you would).

Many thanks,

Craig.
Sincere, polite and seemingly normal, this poster was clearly out of place amongst the posters here, and never came back.

#4: DARK_KNIGHT

In November 2007, Dark_Knight ventured into the topic for the annual Christmas competition to ask:
So what's the contest, then?

Do newcomers get to have a go?
He was welcomed by Roger Kettle himself, and promptly disappeared never to be seen again.

#3: BOBBY

Also in November 2007, Bobby also ventured into the Christmas competition topic and, taking part in the competition, suggested the following potential character for Beau Peep:
What about Sopwithout? Camel without a hump, who has the hump permanently.

Bobby
This was also followed with a post from Roger Kettle, and just as with Dark_Knight, Bobby disappeared forever.

#2: MAHONEY

Just under a year ago, in May 2009, a posted named MAHONEY said:
Nude clog dancing?...Roger Kettle?.....This I've got to see..........No, wait. I was thinking of a different Roger Kettle. Sorry.
Obviously unable to better such a post, they never posted again.

#1: FRISKY CLOWN

In April 2007, Frisky Clown posted:
I'm all for a rodeo clown.
No context necessary.

Vulture

Re: The Top 12 One-Post Wonders
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:57:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack, you've REALLY got to get a life!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:35:58 AM »
I enoyed that. I've no idea why.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:54 PM »
I say again - in 'Welcome to snap2grid' -
Perhaps it might be an idea for the administrators to clear out some of the long term non posters.  That way, the membership list would look a lot more realistic.  But then, what do I know about it - zilch.

Tom

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »
Is #3 Bobby, birthday Bobby?

Jack

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »

I believe so.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Charming!  :'( No wonder all those people only posted once...  ;)

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »

I believe so.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Charming!  :'( No wonder all those people only posted once...  ;)  I don't think I've ever heard/seen/written to any of these posters, so it wasn't me who put them off!