Author Topic: Home, Home From The Range...  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Home, Home From The Range...
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »
Okay, I'm home and knackered. I left Denver sometime yesterday and, not having slept a wink on the Trans-Atlantic flight, I'm not sure how long I've been awake. Let's see...I got up in Denver yesterday at 6.30 a.m. their time....which would have been 1.30 p.m. our time and it's now 8 p.m.....so that's...um...18 and a half hours ago? Is that all? The plan is to stay up for another couple of hours before, hopefully, getting a good night's sleep and starting work tomorrow.
Anyway, it was another brilliant trip and I had a ball. You know you're in Montana when...
...a pick-up overtakes you with a dead buffalo in the back.
...you see a store sign which reads "Cheapest Ammo In Town".
...there's a store called "Pawn 'n' Guns".
As always, the people out there were friendly beyond belief and we heard the question "So where are you guys from?" everywhere we went. This was always followed by a genuinely warm and welcoming conversation. For those of you who are interested---and have a spare few minutes---google The Occidental Hotel in Buffalo, Wyoming, to see where we stayed last Thursday night. (Previous guests include Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!) The owner was a six foot four musician/writer with a stetson who couldn't have been nicer to us. Oh, and it was a Cajun/Country jam session night! I managed a few yee-ha's.
Okay, now I'm off to try that sleep thing...

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Home, Home From The Range...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
Sweet dreams, with visions of cow chips dancing in your heads.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »
Welcome home, Roger. I'm going to Google "Occidental Hotel in Buffalo" now :-)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
said very quietly, so as not to disturb Roger - Wot? No pictures?

Vulture

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »

Roger knows how to use a camera .....?  ..0

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:03:13 AM »

Roger knows how to use a camera .....?  ..0
And just what is wrong with Roger's compact (smaller than the pinhole camera) digital (uses his fingers) Box Brownie?  just point and click (remembering to actually press the shutter button down).

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:02 AM »
Well, I DID buy a $7 disposable camera and do some pointing and clicking but I'll have to get it processed before finding someone to post the results on here...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
Roger's hols day one:

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:03 PM »
Roger's hols day two:

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
Rogers hols day three...well he never left this one:

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »
Roger, You do know we have photo processing options here in the UK.  You don't have to send them to Canada for Diane to process and post them on here.

Diane, you don't have to do all Roger's work.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »
Well someone has to get all the chewing gum off from underneath the bar tables...on her birthday.