Author Topic: Soccer woes  (Read 7486 times)

Joan

Re: Soccer woes
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
Keep going, Diane!  You're a braver woman than I.  Take comfort from the knowledge that you're not alone - there are women and men all over the world having similar experiences and at some point, wondering why the heck they put their hand up to coach a kids' team. I was manager for a soccer team once and that was enough!

Count yourself lucky that you're not coaching an Aussie girls' netball team, they are vicious! Sneaky.  That's a huge age spread you have there - all those hormones going on!  Seems to me you're doing a good job in a very disorganised situation.

Also, count yourself lucky you're not the Socceroo's coach today! :-(  I wouldn't like to be around Graham today, Malc - and he's the assistant coach.  I've seen him in a bad mood - not nice.

Malc

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 04:26:21 AM »
Graham always looks in a bad mood anyway!

Joan

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 08:30:29 AM »
This is true, but he can be quite a cheery chap.  Haven't seen him for a while.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
Soccer went much better last night.

I left my horn in the car - and told the kids I wouldn't be doing the horn and they had a protest - no, you must use your horn - it was only a few of the green team that didn't like it (little shits from last week) we want the horn!

Next week is the last game of the season and tradition is that we combine all four teams 1 & 4 highest scoring playing against 2 & 3 - we apparently are #2. Should be better with enough coaches to take a side each instead of half (or all) of a field.

I am officiating at our local swim meet tomorrow - I have no idea why I get involved in these things. I've been reading up on the internet what I'm supposed to do - I also have to take in 6 doz cookies.  But at least it got me out of selling hot dogs for the "safe grad" party. (THe kids go out in the bush and get drunk until 3:00 AM, the money is used to hire a bus to bring them all home safe - yes we live amongst idiots).
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Joan

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12:08 AM »
I'm exhausted, Diane!  How about you?  :)  Are there bears in them there woods??  Do you raise enough money to clean the bus out as well?  ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 02:42:32 AM »
Yes bears and wolves but it is the mosquitos that do the most damage  ;D

My son won't be going he doesn't drink at all - in fact he stopped eating my christmas sherry triffle when he found out I used real sherry.

I think they do have to hose off the bus and take a kid or two in for stitches - not a lot of sense to it at all.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
Bit like the world cup then...
 :\

Joan

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:43 AM »
 ;D

Malc

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »
We have "Schoolies" week here where kids who graduate go to the Gold Coast, cohabit seafront apartments, drink themselves silly and cause loads of expensive Police overtime to the taxpayer.

This is all very popular with the apartment owners and business owners on the Gold Coast, of course, who have the kids best interests at heart.

Joan

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
Oh, yes - Schoolies horrors!  We thought it was a better idea when son wanted to go on a cruise rather than to the Gold Coast.  Ha, ha!  Their cruise made the news because some young eejit thought it would be a good joke to cry "man overboard" and the ship was stopped mid ocean - big no, no.  I think there was a fight as well and the police met the ship when it docked in Sydney and arrested the boys involved in both incidents.  Our boys said they weren't aware of any trouble ... They did have a good time and came back in one piece, which I suppose was the main thing!  I was in Scotland at the time.

They stopped the Schoolies cruises a couple of years later, unsurprisingly.

Kate went to the Gold Coast with her friends, but they're good girls and didn't get into any strife ... I vaguely remember Kate saying it was a bit boring.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:37:04 AM by Joan »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:09 AM »
I would like to talk abit about my chair. I have a fold up camp chair that has a canopy top on it. Whilst the real Canadians were on deck baking in sun tops, I was sitting in my canopy chair with long sleeves and a cowboy hat.  It is quite hard to keep your interest up in timing races for 8 hours - glad that day is done.

My daughter's best race place was 4th and she beat her times in all four races. Last time she entered her best place was 6th. She won a raffle too and got to buy chips off a mobile vendor. SHe had a good day.  ;D

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
I would like to talk abit about my chair. I have a fold up camp chair that has a canopy top on it. Whilst the real Canadians were on deck baking in sun tops, I was sitting in my canopy chair with long sleeves and a cowboy hat.

Where can one get a 'canopy chair with long sleeves and a cowboy hat'?

Vulture

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
I would like to talk abit about my chair. I have a fold up camp chair that has a canopy top on it. Whilst the real Canadians were on deck baking in sun tops, I was sitting in my canopy chair with long sleeves and a cowboy hat.

Where can one get a 'canopy chair with long sleeves and a cowboy hat'?

Well, in Canada - obviously!.... Duh!  ;D

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »
Is that near Marks & Sparks?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
Vulch said Canada, NOT C and A.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟