Author Topic: Soccer woes  (Read 7572 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Soccer woes
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:40 PM »
How pathetic!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
I thought it was rather clever, myself.  ???
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »
I thought it was rather clever, myself.  ???

Thanks, Tarks. Canada = CanadA, Billy.  ..0
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »
Wow,
i never knew that peeps.  Thanks for explaining it to me.  You are soo useful.

Yet no one comments on my miserable efforts, even though I try.  I don't think I shall bother as you are all soo more witty that such as I.

It's quite nice here in Hyeres.  Weather is sunny and pleasant and I'm stuck in a meeting room being bored for my country.  Have a little pity.

lucy

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
Im stuck with Peeps! Will that make you feel better Bil? >:(

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »
At least someone out there cares a little.

They do make superglue remover.  You are too good to him - but please amend your signature.  That would really please Mince.

Jack

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
The C&A joke is good, if suffering somewhat from the fact that, as far as Britain are concerned, C&A shut down ten years ago.

Still, I think there's just enough residual familiarity for the joke to work with a British audience, and obviously with the international community we have here, C&A may still be a well-known brand.

Joan

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »

You have my sympathy, Lucy.  Can you see your signature at the  bottom of your posts? At the risk of overpublishing, it says:

"That Peepmaster is such a stud. All man! Mmmmmmm."   ..0

Joan

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Oh, yes, I got it, Jack.  In fact, last time I was back in Edinburgh, I walked up and down Princes Street looking for C&A. :(

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »

You have my sympathy, Lucy.  Can you see your signature at the  bottom of your posts? At the risk of overpublishing, it says:

"That Peepmaster is such a stud. All man! Mmmmmmm."   ..0

Can you all please stop going on about my sexual prowess. It's tough enough coping with the fans and groupies as it is!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:48 AM »

"That Peepmaster is such a stud.

Can you all please stop going on about my sexual prowess. It's tough enough coping with the fans and groupies as it is!

Malc

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010, 08:08:12 AM »
Groupies? This thread is Soccer Woes not Soccer Ho's.

....and back to the subject. I'm responsible for an U11 team this year as well as being Director Of Coaching at the club.
The U11s had a promising pre-season but now, owing to injuries, illnesses and absences we are losing games (always by one last second goal).
After our loss today, one father came to remonstrate with me about a number of things, none of which made any sense. I talked it over with my assistant coach later and we agreed that it his kind of grief reaction to the fact that his son had an absolute nightmare of a game, even though he was played in his favourite position and got good game time.

I lost my temper somewhat and went through the guy like a dose of salts (just in case you think I'm a bully -this father is an ex basketball player and is nearly seven feet tall) telling him that if we had won the game, he wouldn't have come to complain and we wouldn't be having a conversation.

So you see that coaching isn't all about drills and skills, it's about dills too

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »
Well my coaching ended on Thursday night - last game of the season ... won't answer the phone when they call next spring.  ;)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »
Well my coaching ended on Thursday night - last game of the season ... won't answer the phone when they call next spring.  ;)

Diane, that's not fair. You owe it to whoever they do coerce into being the coach to say exactly why you're not doing it again.  OR say you will do it but only if they give you a cattle prod to keep the bigger s*ds under control!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
I am nothing if not fair. I told her exactly what I told you lot even used the "little shits" term.  ;)

But they will phone again - I know because I ran the club for the first 7 years and volunteers are hard to find for the four oldest teams.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad