Author Topic: Pics from our Holiday...  (Read 7917 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Pics from our Holiday...
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
Hooray - I've been trying to post all day, and keep getting error messages, This happens most days. I've emailed Mince several times, but had no reply. Is anyone else having these problems?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10629243 (Not sure if you can read that in the UK.)
Yup.  It's in English.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »
Hooray - I've been trying to post all day, and keep getting error messages, This happens most days. I've emailed Mince several times, but had no reply. Is anyone else having these problems?
Nope.  All working fine here in Blighty.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
I've emailed Mince several times, but had no reply. Is anyone else having these problems?
Is this a problem?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 04:03:32 AM »
I've emailed Mince several times, but had no reply. Is anyone else having these problems?
Is this a problem?

He has replied now. It doesn't seem to be a wide-spread problem. I was wondering if folk in Oz and Canada etc were getting similar errors.

Billy the Shed - I realise it is in English, it's just that the BBC website looks all different lately (maybe a redesign), and it's also plastered with adverts here, which it isn't in the UK, so I can't be 100% sure links will work.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 07:12:03 AM »
Sorry Peeps, I was trying to be sarcastic.  Hope you are better now and can continue telling us about your travels.  It's nice to know that the Beeb still has influence around the world.  It's just a pity that we can't see the podcasts or tv highlights outside the UK.  And yes, they have just redesigned BBC websites.  I'm still trying to find my way around.

Good idea to stay put during the typhoon - looks like it was a hard time for the islands there.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 07:45:53 AM »
It didn't affect me at all, cocooned in my comfortable hotel room, and as I said, I slept through it entirely! I'm very fortunate.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
Is that cocooned or mummified?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »
Well I had had a few San Miguels the night before...

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
And I thought you fancied Lucy!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
Lucy always looks better after a few San Miguels.

"You look more lovely with every drink", is my favourite chat-up line.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »
Take Cover !!! Incoming comments from the female side of this forum.  (notice I did not say 'girly' as this would now have to include the self-confessed Roger and Tarks)

Joan

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 05:36:27 AM »
 ..0   ;D  After you very nearly warmed the cockles of my heart with with your earlier post, Peeps, I see you've reverted to your old self. 

Your typhoon was on the news here the other day - good to hear you weren't caught up in it.  Re the error messages - I do sometimes get them during the day here.  I just assume they're doing upkeep or something and I can usually get on when I come back later.

Hope you're feeling better now, if so, you'd better believe you wouldn't be without the ministrations of the gorgeous Lucy!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »
She's been useful to have along, I'll grant you, Joan.

I have so many error messages when I'm trying to post or log-in. Like you say, Mince might be tinkering away late into the night, shutting down access to the servers, etc. He's done so much to change the way this forum operates, but I think he means well.

That reminds me. We went to Ocean Park in Manila today, to see all manner of other aquatic species. We dipped our feet into pools of "Doctor Fish". Weird experience, but you get used to it eventually. The fish bite away at any dead skin cells, and it is freaky at first. You can feel the individual bites, and there can be a dozen or so working on each foot/leg. Once you trust what's happening, it's quite relaxing.

Joan

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 03:10:44 AM »
Oooh, I've seen that on Getaway.  I bet it's a very strange sensation.

It could be the people who run the forum servers who are doing the maintenance, rather than Mince, or it could just be lack of communication between us and them on the other side of the world.  Not quite sure what I'm saying there - glitches in the system, I think!