Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Joan!  (Read 2944 times)

Tom

Happy Birthday, Joan!
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
I can't get my head around these international time zones, so I may be a bit early with this, but...

Hope you have a g'day!  ;D

lucy

Re: Happy Birthday, Joan!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:53 PM »

Happy Birthday , Wishing you all the best!

"God bless you and keep you, God smile on  you and gift you, God look you full in the face and make you prosper."

Have a great day Joan! :D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »

Happy Birthday , Wishing you all the best!

"God bless you and keep you, God smile on  you and gift you, God look you full in the face and make you prosper."

Have a great day Joan! :D

(I'm successfully into the forum for the first time for ages.)

Lucy never says any of this stuff to me. Maybe I should be grateful.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »
Come on, Joan, wake up down there! Happy Birthday!

Diamond Lil

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »
Hope it was a good one and you're still sleeping it off :-\

Vulture

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Happy Birthday, Joan! I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Joan

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:29:34 AM »
Thanks, everyone.   Great bit of photoshopping, Tom, thanks. :) I'd only been in bed about half an hour when you posted, Roger - 1.22am here according to the time stamp.  Got a bit caught up replying to emails and half watching the Tour de France - great scenery yesterday!  Knew I could sleep in a bit today.  Thank you, Lucy - I'm very grateful that you said that to me.  Thanks Lil, the day has only just begun, for me anyway - it's about half way through timewise.  It's tomorrow morning I'll be sleeping it off, though at the moment it only takes a little to put me to sleep.  ;)

Thanks, Vulch, it's a beautiful, if cool day here in ole Duffys Forest.  Will be having a quiet one, probably go for a little walk down by the beach later.  Going for dinner and the movies with the family on Tuesday evening to celebrate my and son John's birthday.  On Thursday, I'm having a celebration dinner with the girls, not so much for my birthday, but to celebrate the end of my treatment.  Several old friends are coming, some of whom I haven't seen for ages, so it should be an excellent evening.

Joan

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 03:52:55 AM »
Lovely fresh prawns for lunch - yummm!   8)

Tom

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »
Enjoy!  ;D

Jack

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Tsk, late again. Oh well, I hope you had a good birthday Joan.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 04:05:31 PM »
Happy Birthday Joan!  :D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
Still the 18th here for another hour and a bit, so I'm claiming punctuality (but I have been away all weekend)!

Many happy returns, Joan. I'm so glad Roger didn't tell you to "wake up down there in Duffys Forest", but I've no idea why - I just am.

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
Happy Birthday, Joan.  May the next 365 days be pleasant and good to you.

Joan

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:40:08 AM »
Thanks, Jack, Diane, Bill and TT.  You are awful, TT, but I love the cake.  Are the sheep the Scottish reps?

I had a lovely rest of day yesterday.  Went for a walk with hubby along the Harbour foreshore from Fairlight to Manly, wandered round there, which proved similar to what I imagine wandering around Blackpool mid-summer is like.  All the day-trippers come on the ferry (a half hour trip from one end of the harbour to the other, highly recommended in itself, especially on a nice day, as this was) and take over the two beaches and the Corso, a pedestrian area in between the two beaches.  You wouldn't want to be going anywhere in a hurry.

My 'big' present was a mini music system with separate speakers which has an ipod dock so I can have good quality sound from all my music in the kitchen/family room.  The old system we had was knackered and the laptop speakers just don't cut it.

Few photos of our walk here:

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/bjjktg/July2010#

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
I'm getting more than a little hacked off with people posting photos of themselves wandering round.exotic locations.
I was in Dundee on Saturday.