Author Topic: Don't Stop Believin'  (Read 1377 times)

Tom

Don't Stop Believin'
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
I've only gone and done it again. I've got myself hooked on Big Brother! However, this year seems loads better than previous years - I don't know whether it is the housemates, or the changes they have made to the format - but I think it's better anyway, and I'm enjoying my time people watching!

For their latest task the housemates had to perform Journey's Don't Stop Believin'. Considering none of the housemates are singers, they've done pretty well... what do you think?

Big Brother DSB

Jack

Re: Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »
I didn't watch that video, Tom.

Big Brother is the most awful waste of time on television. I personally cannot fathom how anybody enjoys watching it. As boring as it must be to participate, sitting around in a house doing nothing, it's even worse to sit around watching people sitting around in a house doing nothing.

And that song just reminds of Family Guy whenever I hear it.

Tom

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »
I just lead a very boring life.

Tom

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Anyway, the second part of the task was for two of the housemates to perform (I've Had) The Time Of My Life from Dirty Dancing. I'm sure the producers selected these two to make a show of them as they weren't the best singers in the group by far. However, the crowd was behind them every step of the way, and the duo seemed to enjoy themselves anyway:

Big Brother - Andrew & Corin sing (I Had) The Time of My Life

Warning: Don't watch if your ears are easily offended.

And they all passed their task, if you are interested.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
I'm with Jack on this.  I watched the second series and some of the third, but then it just got ridiculous, with more and more outlandish behaviour.  I have not seen any of the past series and do not intend to start.  At least the programme ends this year.  Perhaps Cannel 4 will think of something better to show, but I doubt it.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:07 PM »
Tom, don't pay them no never mind! I'm with you on this, although I do suspect that the first song is more a triumph of audio mixing and editing than the housemates finding the right notes. The second video was horrendously marvellous!

I think it's been very entertaining to date, and there's only really one housemate so far I've felt the urge to slap repeatedly with a wet Haddock (Ben). Haven't seen a clear winner as yet, although the list is shortening, even with new housemates on board.

Don't listen to that pair of knockers, Tom - they're almost certainly closet Emmerdale fans. Big Brother is a fascinating insight into behavioural psychology, sociology and manufactured tribalism. And Ben's a big girl's blouse.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:20:11 PM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.