Author Topic: Marie Celeste time again  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Marie Celeste time again
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »
Another 24 hour period with no one posting here.  People really must have a life out there.  But what about us losers with no one to hassle.
At least I made a new side gate today - using the remaining wood from the daughter's old pine bed.  It has now been recycled into a nice slatted gate.  The MOD is a little tight right now and a new gate is not on the priority list, even though the old one has rotted away and dangerous screws are poking out of the rotting wood.  I shall hang the new one up tomorrow.

So, what did you accomplish today (Saturday)? 

Vulture

Re: Marie Celeste time again
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
Would it be letting the side down if I say 'bugger all'?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:03 AM »
You survived - that's an accomplishment.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 05:21:57 AM »
Tuned in to digital TV which has invaded our area....it was necessary due to my lack of Sky TV.  Oh I still feel ill when I even write those words <-

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
I wrote four Andy Capp strips, watched Spurs v. Man City on telly and cooked roast pork with all the trimmings for the 20 year-old eating machine that is my son. And not a spare ounce of flesh on him, the swine. My wife was swanning around Edinburgh with some pals for the day while I slaved unselfishly.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »
Well done, Roger.  Did you get to have any of the pork as well?  My mouth watered at the thought of crackling and roast tatties and pork and gravy and ........ Swoon!

I forgot to mention that SWAMBO and I had the evening alone for the first time in ages, as troglodyte 1 was away with his girlfriend for the weekend and Trog 2 was out with her kick-boxing crowd sliding down a dry ski slope on large rubber rings (the mutters).