Author Topic: cameldung.com  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: cameldung.com
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
When this thread started, I'd assumed it was some kind of joke. As you all know, I haven't a clue how this site is run but I'd assumed, as Nige said, that expenses were covered by any income we receive.
Max, that's a wonderful gesture which I really appreciate. Kate will always be remembered by me and others on this site. I purposely never referred to the anniversary of her passing because, as I recall, you and Diane were doing something privately. There is absolutely no need for you to contribute anything to the running of this site, Max. Maybe we can set up some daft section in her memory and I'd welcome any suggestions. When I say "daft", you know what I mean. I think she'd have loved that.
I miss her terribly.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:58:01 PM »
Okay, here is what needs paying for each year:

www.beaupeep.com
  - domain name
  - hosting

cameldung.co.uk
  - domain name
  - hosting

The hosting is being done from my own business hosting site. Apparently the bandwidth and storage is free. No point in paying for hosting when my hosting company will give it for free,

The domain names need paying for, however.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »
I've just rechecked. As far as I can see we still have ownership of BeauPeep.com and can therefore pay directly for renewals on notification. Hosting was switched to HostPapa which Mince controls, after we had to switch from DC-Hosting, which suddenly became quite expensive with extra charges almost every month.

I have to admit that the main reason I relinquished control of the hosting to Mince was because of his expertise in automating the strip changeovers every weekend. I'd been doing it manually every weekend for quite a few years, and was really grateful for that.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
Then I need to give you ownership of cameldung.co.uk.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »
I was willing to aid the cause by buying a T-shirt, but when I checked, the XL ones were "out of stock" (it was for a friend).

So let's get down to brass tacks - I'm happy to contribute, so (seriously) how much?

Love the idea of a memorial section for Kate, full of her beloved daftness (and thank you, Max, for your very generous offer). We'd have to use her name on the title though, or how would we tell it apart from the other collections of utter gibberish?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »
Nobody out there needs to pay anything! If Mince or Nige gets in touch with me privately, we'll sort out any payments that are requuired.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »
Nobody out there needs to pay anything! If Mince or Nige gets in touch with me privately, we'll sort out any payments that are requuired.

Did your bottom lip quiver as you said that last word?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »

It's working! How much shall we fleece him for?

Jack

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:29 PM »
I'm glad this is all on the verge of being sorted out.

I just wanted to say that I'm not going to pay anything, and I am in fact considering charging you all for the pleasure of my continued presence here.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
Oh Jack, you are awful, but I would throw in a few loonies into the pot.

While things are getting sorted out - please change Roger's avatar's left eye back from a camel's rectum to the proper eye of Colonel Sanders.

Please unsticky my birthday thread as it is a bit embarrassing what with me not being the queen and all.

That's about it for requests from the CBPFC for the 2010/11 Beau Peep year.

Thanks,
Diane
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
Happy New Year, Diane.

Roger - everything's okay!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »
Thank you Nige - we at the CBPFC may have a convention this year.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Rob Baker

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »
I'm more than happy to chip-in if needed.

Roger have you asked your Boss if he wants to sponsor the site? I know he's just bought Channel 5 but surely he must have a few quid left.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
I'm more than happy to chip-in if needed.

Roger have you asked your Boss if he wants to sponsor the site? I know he's just bought Channel 5 but surely he must have a few quid left.

I don't know. That perfume's quite expensive!