Author Topic: The Beau Peep musical---an update.  (Read 25771 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: The Beau Peep musical---an update.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
I edited the post above.

Rob Baker

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
Mincey, these keep crashing my crappy old computer and I can only get about halfway through each song before it freezes up and I have to re-boot  >:( .   I tried to save them to the hard drive but it won't let me. If it's OK with Roger, can you email me the files? Cheers, Rob

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
I have emailed them to you.

Tom

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
I'm liking 'No One Knows' today. Kind of reminds me, in a random way, and in part, of the song 'Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)'

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
Mince, I'm quite happy for the songs to be available to everyone. As I said, at the moment, the format seems to be causing problems even for members.

Rob Baker

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »
Thanks for emailing the files Mincey. Now, to borrow Simon Cowell's hat for a minute....

'No One Knows' is very catchy and I agree with Tom about 'Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)'. I'm trying to remember the name of the character who's supposed to be singing it. I've had to pack all my BP Albums away for a while so I can't look it up. I'm sure he's been in one of the strips - can you remind me Roger?(!)

'In My Time' is another very nice tune, although I can't pick out all the words cos it comes out a bit fuzzy on my 'puter. Strange, but I don't see Col.Escargot singing this. I always imagined him to sound like a typical crusty, old British army type - more of a doddery General Melchett from Black Adder Goes Forth. Now when I see Col.Escargot I'll have to give him the voice of Clive Dunn's Corporal Jones!

'Nomad'. I really like this one. I'm not sure about the women singers who want him to go mad for them is totally believeable though!  So, Mary from the dairy calls him her 'little milk sheik' <- .

'Ft.Despair' is a great song. Sgt Bidet (the only sane one in the Fort) sounds a bit like Charles Aznavour!  "For God's sake don't let the wife know I'm here; quick give me a beer" - is this the the first time we hear Beau speak?

I think these songs are very good and the more you listen to them the better they become. I wasn't sure about 'Nomad' first of all, but then I twigged that he was using a cheapo electric keyboard doing his 'finky JD' bit, and is supposed to sound cheesy. Now I love it!

Do we know who's singing them? Would I be right in guessing 'Nomad' is sung by Colin Tarrant? 

Well done to all concerned - I can't wait to hear some more.....

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
It's not Colin Tarrant, Rob. Everything is being done by a highly-regarded musical society from the North East of Scotland. As I said when I was first approached about this back in January, their last production got rave reviews from The Scotsman (Scotland's top broadsheet).
I'm glad that those of you who have heard the songs seem to share my opinion. I really, really like them.

Feather

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
I enjoyed them. I think I liked "Nomad" best.  I don't know much about Beau Peep (sorry, Roger and everyone), but I'm learning, and the songs helped.  :)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »
Well, I boogied on down with them. They're in the groove, and happening, man! Oh, yeah - right on - most definitely...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
I laughed so much, I almost weed in my trousers.

(You can use that as a testimonial on the posters, Roger.)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »
I've just read the script for the first act, which covers those four songs, and it's really clever. It uses a lot of the strips from the early books within an overall storyline. An old foe of Colonel Escargot's (A new character called General Duvet, who sings No One Knows) is trying to get the fort shut down. It works really well and I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole project evolves.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 08:34:11 PM »
But ye didnae wee ye troosers?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
"Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery"

I, of all people should be allowed to access the gallery as I wee my trousers quite regularly.

Diane
CBPFC
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 08:43:47 AM »
My fault, Diane. Your status as No 1 Member was misunderstood by the forum, which held that you were too important to have access.

Try now.

Vulture

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
My fault, Diane. Your status as No 1 Member was misunderstood by the forum, which held that you were too important to have access.

Try now.

Diane, there's a name for people like Mince - 'a sweet-talking b@st@ard'!  ;D