Author Topic: DIY  (Read 6936 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: DIY
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »
You might do better with the Mead and furs, Malc.

Joan

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
Many years ago, I was in a pub hotel in Leeds with my brothers, gathering refreshment shortly before my younger brother was due to wed his Yorkshire bride later that day. We were all wearing kilts for the occasion, naturally (yes, that does cover the obvious question). The barman being an observant gentleman approached our table and enquired, "Did tha come down here from Scotland?".
"Aye!", said I.
"Did tha come down M6 through Lancashire?"
"We did." said I.
"Did tha shut gate?..."

Well, I've scrolled all the way down the page from this and although Bill's gates and Diane's Italian heritage and was there something in there about Malc's Vikings? were all very entertaining, I'm still laughing at TT's story. Could have something to do with the wee dram in which I'm indulging.  Looking at the Dalwhinnie bottle made me think of Roger and then I thought I've been neglecting my Beau Peep mates, so here I am havering again.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm going to bed now, before I embarrass myself again.

The embarrassing part is that I've only had one pretty wee one.

Night all.  :-*

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
The DIY got put on hold whilst I am doing our taxes. Looking for deductions; if anyone is available for adoption please let me know.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
This is now four and a half weeks of me living in DIY chaos.

And still I am cheery, hardly grumpy at all really.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Max

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »
 I can hear your teeth grinding from here Diane......   So adopt me, I have no mum or dad anymore, generally housetrained with the odd exception/accident.  ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 09:22:55 PM »
You would fit in here then Max - our dear old Brinkly pees on the vacuum cleaner.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
Brinkly's the butler, right?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »
Well he is now – as you can imagine he was totally unsuitable in the position of Pool Boy.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 12:21:50 AM »
Sounds like he was okay making a pool by the vacuum cleaner.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟