Author Topic: The "I wish you all a Happy New Year" thread.  (Read 3998 times)

Rob Baker

The "I wish you all a Happy New Year" thread.
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
I wish you all a Happy New Year.

I had a most enjoyable few days in the Metrolop over Christmas, and am just getting ready for a new year party -- which unfortunately has been decreed to be held in my new house. As Roger said, I'm also dreading the "dose of merriment". And the clearing up tommorow. Bah Humbug.

I was reading the Sun yesterday in the barbers, and was pleasantly suprised to see Tarks' handywork - are you their new cartoonist? Try and lay into the 'Coalition' a bit (nay, a lot), if you're allowed. 

All the best everyone - I hope 2012 brings you much happiness, a nice big win on the Lottery, and World peace.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: The "I wish you all a Happy New Year" thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:20:06 PM »
We have turned into hermits around here. It will just be the hubby and kids bringing in the new year but it will be exciting as there is a new jigsaw puzzle of a scene of Times Square in New York at New Years. That and a few sausage rolls = a wild time.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
Just been to see "New Year's Eve"...unexpectedly better than a lot of movies with a "star-studded cast" and brought back happy memories of trips to New York.

Have a good new year, one and all.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:55:17 AM »
Watched a little bit of TV and went to bed before midnight.  Boring, but comfortable.  Happy New Year, everyone.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 01:08:45 AM »
The first UK hour of 2012 has just elapsed, and I'm working, and stone cold sober - which is perfect for me, after a year that I feared might end completely the opposite.

Be well, be happy, and above all, be safe.

Happy new year!

Tarks.

PS   I'm just covering a few days, Rob, so that Andy Davey can put his feet up and watch the Great Escape on loop. Last one should be in next Tuesday, so the Coalition can probably relax... probably.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
A Happy New Year, everyone, and may 2012 be good to you all. And many thanks to the small, gloriously daft bunch of regulars on here who continue to bring me smiles, year after year.
Have a great one!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
Why? What's happening in May 2012?

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 12:54:27 PM »
Why? What's happening in May 2012?
Aw, shucks, Mince.  It's my birthday, and I doff the DPM for the last time.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
Happy New Year!

Now we have to start the "how are you going to get fit in 2012" thread.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
I have to lose 2 to 4 stone. It is said you should lose 1lb to 2lb a week, so that's 28 to 56 weeks, I think.

Ask me next year.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
I also want to learn to sketch. So far I can draw cubes and spheres, so I have decided on a comic strip called Cube VS Spheres.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
And learn to play the piano. But lessons are extortionate so I might teach myself. Except that I don't know how to play the piano so I don't know how to do that.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »
I also want to write two novels.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
I look forward to your graphic novel "The Piano-Playing Cube Diet".

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »
I have to lose 2 to 4 stone. It is said you should lose 1lb to 2lb a week, so that's 28 to 56 weeks, I think.

Ask me next year.

You can be my diet buddy - as you may remember I lost over 100lbs in about 18 months but have gained some back over the past two months (too scared to look how much).

I can give you pep talks such as "Don't reward yourself with food - you are not a dog" that type of thing.

Are there any other tubbies here? If so I could start up a special diet thread - with motivational thoughts thoughts each Monday.