Author Topic: Consequences...  (Read 2754 times)

Redundant

Consequences...
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:36:47 AM »
My wife bought me a new scanner [the old one died after many years of faithfully sitting around gathering dust]...

As a consequence of which "we" then decided it would be a good idea for me to climb into the loft and find the old family photo albums...

As a consequence of which we now have additional ventilation in the bathroom which is remarkably similar in size and shape to my left foot...

An additional consequence of which is that I now know there are 465 red, green, blue and yellow circles decorating the walls of the local Accident and Emergency waiting room...

And as a consequence of mentioning to my beloved wife that there are 465 red, green, blue and yellow circles decorating the walls of the local Accident and Emergency waiting room; the dog got my dinner...

Thank you "Epson Perfection V33", as a reward it's been upgraded to a coaster.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Consequences...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »
That brings back childhood memories! We used to have a loft when we lived in Wales - just beams and plaster no real floor but you could use it for storage if your stuff straddled the beams. You would have to be bloody silly to put your foot through the plaster though.

Get well soon. While you're resting that foot would be an excellent time to scan the photos.  8)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »

Thank you "Epson Perfection V33", as a reward it's been upgraded to a coaster.

It seems a bit big and electric-y for a coaster - did you mean to write toaster?

Redundant

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
It seems a bit big and electric-y for a coaster - did you mean to write toaster?

Nope, coaster it is, did I mention I am also untidy?   Actually it has improved things a little in my office, now I know it's time to remove all the used cups once the surface of the scanner is...covered, it used to be my desk top but that got a lot messier when I dumped files and things on top etc.

Thanks also Diane, to be honest it happened just after Christmas and the hole in the ceiling wasn't quite that big, so I think I qualified as just "silly" although that's almost a term of endearment compared to other descriptions I received at the time.

Thanks to my wifes helpful comments the neither the doctor or nurses who treated me could look me in the face at one point, although she explained later that was probably because I am "smack" ugly, which was a fair point.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
Get well soon. While you're resting that foot would be an excellent time to scan the photos.  8)

I love the Dianality of her humour.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »

Yes, undianably excellent.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Redundant

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »

I want to see the rule book, Dianality, undianably...and I get bashed for drawering pins!!   And apparently, according to another thread, there are boundaries of good taste...I'm screwed.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »

I want to see the rule book, Dianality, undianably...and I get bashed for drawering pins!!   And apparently, according to another thread, there are boundaries of good taste...I'm screwed.

As one of the three admins, I ought to explain the rules here. "Dianality" was clever, and "undianably" was a failed attempt at clever, whereas "drawering" was just plain stupid.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »

I want to see the rule book, Dianality, undianably...and I get bashed for drawering pins!!   And apparently, according to another thread, there are boundaries of good taste...I'm s******.

Good taste in action...

I can't Dianay that your complaint has some merit, but also have to point out that I'm in charge, and Mince is my secretary, so we do have some flexibility with our postings.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
I should also add that Mince is our sole Secretary, and some of us simply refer to him as "Our Sole", for short.

Redundant

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
Okay, I concede on the drawering pins, although I do feel "just plain stupid" was a tad harsh, whatever happened to being nice to the less fortunate?   Or was that it?   Regardless I have delayed as long as I can, off to build a wine rack or two and I believe there's a list of "other" jobs outstanding...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

This forum is not a safe place to air your pet peeves. I see that now.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 04:08:54 AM »
What if you have a pet and his name is not Peeves, can you still air him here? He's been sitting in the cupboard and is a bit whiffy.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »
Your cupboard, your choice.

Malc

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
So that's a yes then...