Author Topic: The garage/tardis  (Read 1126 times)

Redundant

The garage/tardis
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »
After only two days the garage/tardis is shipshape again, although not literally as that would be a stupid shape for a garage/tardis, unless you planned to park a ship in it of course.   Yes, there is once again a place for everything and everything in its place, the keys have been temporarily hidden from "she who must fill an empty shelf" and everything now has a label in case I forget what it is.   I haven't forgotten so far that the garden table is a garden table, but you never know, and you can never find a hammer when you want one, well now you can, it says "hammer" on it.  And I put a little heart on the label for Suzanne, so she took it in good spirit, although it's going to be hard to see given where she stuck it, and technically it's her label not mine, but I felt generally it went well.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: The garage/tardis
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
I don't have a garage. Or a car, for that matter. I don't have tools either, although I dare say there's a screwdriver in the house somewhere. I recently hung a painting in my office, using a wine bottle to knock in the nail.
I am not blessed with practical skills.

Redundant

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
Alas I made the traditional male mistake over 25 years ago, and demonstrated my technical and handyman prowess to Suzanne, in the hopes of a... well you know.   Sadly the hopes were not fulfilled at that particular time, however two thousand shelves later I am finally getting lucky.   The contents of the garage/tardis remains firmly in my my wifes favour, I only get to keep the tools in there because they make the house seem untidy, apparently so do I from time to time.

...using a wine bottle to knock in the nail.
Did you drink the wine first?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
During.

Redundant

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
Must have been a Shiraz then