Author Topic: Music, schmusic !  (Read 1431 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Music, schmusic !
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
After listening to yet another all-time, definitive, never to be bettered (until the next) list of top rock tracks of all time on my local radio station, I couldn't help but think it was the same old doodoo rearranged. So I started thinking about how many good tracks there are that never really get up to "classic" status, and decided to compile a top 5 (I got lazy when I flicked onto Discovery and found an episode of Gold Rush I hadn't seen) of songs that are simply class.  Feel free to compile your own, slag off mine, or whatever. Any genre, any age, it's all good.  So here's my definitive, non-definitive list !  (In no particular order).

1. AC/DC ...The Jack. (Has there ever been a better song about venereal disease ?)
2. Manic Street Preachers...Motorcycle Emptiness.  (Saw them live at the Glasgow O2, best gig ever.....so much energy).
3. Comfortably Numb...Pink Floyd. (The most amazing guitar solo ever, apparently. Read it on a definitive list somewhere).
4. I Will Go...The Corries. (The sound of the bodhran makes my hairs stand up. Plus, if you don't like The Corries, you can't be Scottish).
5.This Land Is Your Land...Woody Guthrie. (I'm going with the Springsteen version. Why ?  Because it's my bl**dy list, ok !).

So there you go, my top 5, even though as I typed, I could have added another 50.

Enjoy.

;) ;) ;)

Egg

Re: Music, schmusic !
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »
Top 5...........Impossible!

Straight off the top of my head and probably only valid for the next hour or so......

1. Heroes - David Bowie (Rock God - 'nuff said!)
2. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair - Arctic Monkeys (Best start to a gig ever)
3. Fake Tales of San Francisco - Arctic Monkeys (Only song in the world with Rotherham in the lyric)
4. Paranoid Android - Radiohead (Epic live - 4 times and counting)
5. Union City Blues - Blondie (In her day was there anyone as stunning as Ms Harry - NO!...and Clem Burkes drumming is immense)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Debbie Harry...good shout. I had a poster of her stuck up on my wall (please dont ask how).   :-[

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »
Debbie Harry...good shout. I had a poster of her stuck up on my wall (please dont ask how).   :-[

<-